1. A4 S Line saloon 2.0 TDI 143 2008 problems -Advice needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I recently purchased (Jan 11) S line 143 from Macclesfield Audi (Inchcape group) with 35k on the clock, registered Aug 2008. It has now done 38 k , so I have added 3000 miles.
    The problems I have encountered since owning the car are as follows:-

New clutch and flywheel fitted.
    NSF wheel bearing replaced.
    Both front steering ball joints replaced.
    Steering intermediate shaft.
    Sub woofer replaced.

All this work has been carried out under warranty by my local Audi dealership - Lincoln (JCT600)
    The car is again returning to the dealers on Tuesday due to still having problems with the steering ( immediatley pulling to the left and stiff/ heavier steering than normal).
    This was confirmed with the lead tech who test drove the car last week after replacing the steering intermediate shaft.

The car was an approved used Audi with 145 point check prior to sale .... yeah right.

I have lost all confidence in the car now, my warranty runs until Jan 2012.

My questions are:

Would Audi give me information on the previous history of the car, parts replaced in the past, or if the car had been in an accident - front end ?
    (even wondering if the 38k miles is genuine !)

What are the chances of Macclesfield Audi or Inchcape group buying the car back for a fair price against another A4 (MY2010), considering the problems I have had with the vehicle.

I recently contacted another Audi dealership regarding a MY2010 model (£20,500) and was offered 12.5k on mine ! *Seven *months ownership , 3k miles,*lost £5.5 k and spent most of the time in the dealers.

My previous car was a TT 225 bhp which I owned for 9 years which was a superb car with very little problems, which is why I wanted to stick with Audi *but now having second thoughts....

Many thanks in advance,

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 S Line saloon 2.0 TDI 143 2008 problems -Advice needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know there's the 3 attempts at a repair and then the customer can request a replacement or refund, but not sure if that applies to multiple faults. To be honest if you plan on taking that route you'd be better off speaking with consumer direct as most here will give mechanical assistance:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Dire...acts/DG_195948

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 S Line saloon 2.0 TDI 143 2008 problems -Advice needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    whats the three attempts to repair rule? Is that an Audi thing or UK law?

I have had a new clutch/ flywheel, wheel bearing and quite a few other things with similar mileage and age. My car also pulls slightly to the left (i dont know if the cars are set up like this but other A4s I have driven do the same)
    2018 Amarok V6

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 S Line saloon 2.0 TDI 143 2008 problems -Advice needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine does the same 2009 a4 143 sline 22000 on clock .ihave driven others (newerand they have same???

0 0 0

5. Re: A4 S Line saloon 2.0 TDI 143 2008 problems -Advice needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i spoke to a dealer the other day and they said they could see any parts claimed by another dealer under warranty but not those done at the dealers cost
    2018 Amarok V6

0 0 0

6. Re: A4 S Line saloon 2.0 TDI 143 2008 problems -Advice needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    same here, pulls slightly to the left 2010 A4 Sline 143 29000 on the clock

0 0 0

7. Re: A4 S Line saloon 2.0 TDI 143 2008 problems -Advice needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for replies, regarding the pulling to the left, this is quite severe and immediatley pulls to to kerb. This has occurred only since having the clutch and flywheel replaced, and the steering feels tighter/heavier than normal. They replaced the steering intermediate shaft(?) but no difference. Are any of the steering components removed or touched during clutch/ flywheel replacement ?

0 0 0

8. Re: A4 S Line saloon 2.0 TDI 143 2008 problems -Advice needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakerade View Post
    whats the three attempts to repair rule? Is that an Audi thing or UK law?

I have had a new clutch/ flywheel, wheel bearing and quite a few other things with similar mileage and age. My car also pulls slightly to the left (i dont know if the cars are set up like this but other A4s I have driven do the same)
    No, it's comes under the sale of goods act. Good article on Honest John below:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/

0 0 0

9. Re: A4 S Line saloon 2.0 TDI 143 2008 problems -Advice needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Mate

I know it was a warranty job, but do you have any idea how much the replacement sub would have cost, does it say on any paperwork you have etc?

I think I am in need of a new one as mine doesnt sound right, just want to get an idea on price.

thanks

0 0 0

10. Re: A4 S Line saloon 2.0 TDI 143 2008 problems -Advice needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, I do not know the cost, invoice just showed Zero pounds against work carried out.

0 0 0