1. Re: 2008 1.9 TDI Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This looks odd as you definitely have a full size DIS screen. On the A4 the most basic DIS I recall is similar but will have the temp gauge and fuel range till empty showing permanently also. I don't think the screen is broken as it displays the warning icons when you run the check cycle.

It may be a case that this is an even more basic version of the DIS on the A3- but perhaps it can be enabled using vag-com, a lot of hidden Audi electronic goodies can be enabled using this tool, unfortunately I don't have access to it but a few members on here do.
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

2. Re: 2008 1.9 TDI Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I received this message from KodKod84:

"This looks odd as you definitely have a full size DIS screen. On the A4 the most basic DIS I recall is similar but will have the temp gauge and fuel range till empty showing permanently also. I don't think the screen is broken as it displays the warning icons when you run the check cycle.

It may be a case that this is an even more basic version of the DIS on the A3- but perhaps it can be enabled using vag-com, a lot of hidden Audi electronic goodies can be enabled using this tool, unfortunately I don't have access to it but a few members on here do."

Does anyone have access to vag-com and can tell me if the outside temperature gauge can be activated?

Thanks

Rod

0 0 0

3. Re: 2008 1.9 TDI Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Just found this on the internet from another 2008 A3 Special 1.9TDi Special Edition -

It clearly shows the temperature gauge. Does yours have the Fuel Range? If it doesnt then I suspect the trip computer would just need enabled in vcds.

0 0 0

4. Re: 2008 1.9 TDI Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Chris,

It doesn't have either the temperature gauge or fuel range showing. I've posted in the forum VCDS section hoping someone can tell me if VCDS can do this reset.

The cars an ex-Audi lease car, does seem odd to program these displays off if the associated hardware is already fitted in the car.

Thanks again

Rod

0 0 0

5. Re: 2008 1.9 TDI Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    I thought if you didnt have the stalk controls then you wouldnt have the screen and would simply have a blanking plate where it should be. Because its an automatic they have to put the screen in to show the gear selection. The rest will be disabled as the option of the trip computer etc wasnt purchased. I presume someone will be able to activate it but you wont be able to cycle through the options without replacing the wiper stalk to have the option of cycling through the menus that it provides... for example mpg,average mpg, temp,duration of journey and of course it has "Twin Trip Computers" meaning it has one that wipes a few hours after a drive or if you turn your ignition on and off twice in rapid succession and one that stays perminatly so you can monitor your usage over a given period... but like i said without the stalk you wont be able to navigate around nor reset them as all 3 buttons are on that stalk.

Hope this helps.

0 0 0

6. Re: 2008 1.9 TDI Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

From what I've read it's possible to have the outside temperature and miles to empty activated.

Without the switch as you say I won't be able to cycle through the options, but miles to empty is option 1 so it defaults to that, which is ok with me.

I'm trying to find someone local with VAG-COM to assist me.

Cheers

Rod

0 0 0

7. Re: 2008 1.9 TDI Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Found a local VCDS user, he sorted the problem out for me.

He reset the instrument coding and I now have:

Miles to empty (Can't cycle onto other options as I don't have the stalk button) Not bothered about this.
    Outside temperature gauge
    Door/Seatbelt Bing-Bong

I did try an Audi main dealer, got "You can't turn these displays on with the Special Edition model".

Great

Rod

0 0 0

8. Re: 2008 1.9 TDI Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep I thought it would be something as simple as a recode with VCDS. There is a lot of things you can unlock with it.

Glad you're all sorted now
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Good job! Can we see a picture of the result?

0 0 0

10. Re: 2008 1.9 TDI Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not my dashboard, but it's exactly the same now.

Dashboard.jpg

Cheers

Rod

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast