Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Golf Mk VII

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Golf Mk VII 
    WeegieBob Guest
    I received my copy of this weeks Auto Express this morning and there's a two page preview on the Golf Mk VII.

I'm due to change my Golf next March and was hoping that the launch of the Mk VII would be soon after, but sadly its not going to be in the showrooms until 2013 - oh well, just have to cool my heels for a year I reckon.

Auto Express Next Issue

WeegieBob.

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf Mk VII 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Bob - my understanding of that article was that they didn't really have a clue what it would look like but had made their best guess based on what looks like a super-sized Polo?? Think the only reliable info was surrounding engines. Yeah, they said launch at Paris Motor Show (Oct 2012) with car in showrooms 'soon after' so I would guess ready for new reg in 2013?
    VW Golf GTD 2011 | DSG | 5 Door | Reflex Silver | Standard Seattle Shadow Alloys | Bi-Xenon Headlights | Leather | RCD510 | DAB | Dynaudio | Cruise Control | Front and Rear Parking Sensors | Winter Pack | Luxury Pack | Storage Pack

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf Mk VII 
    WeegieBob Guest
    Thanks Salopain - I didn't read it that way, but it would make sense as I've been struggling to find out what exactly the new car was all about.

Whilst I have read here often about some of the issues a small number of members here have had and felt for them I've been totally blown away with my ownership - first class all the way so far. Because of that I'm going to go the whole hog and get something hotter than the GT diesel I've got now. I've tried the current Golf R, but it just didn't do it for me, for the price it was I was looking for a lot more drama, maybe the Mk VII version will do that, if I can wait that long! LOL!

There's a review on the new Beetle in the same issue - what did you think of that?

WeegieBob.

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf Mk VII 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think the only thing for sure is that it will have Audi style LED ; DRLs front and back
    Last edited by Rhigour; 22-07-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    2011 . Golf Match. 1.4TSI Manual 122Ps Steel Grey.

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf Mk VII 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhigour View Post
    I think the only thing for sure is that it will have Audi style LED ; DRLs front and back
    I hope so. I was disappointed that the MkVI has old fashioned bulbs as DRLs. No option for LED rears on the Match either.
    Also, I feel let down that the Golf doesn't have the more modern push-in key like the Passat, and has an old fashioned hand brake. On a £21 grand car I expect more refinement. Old school technology like these might be ok for the Seat and Skoda brands, but one shouldn't have to move up to Audi to get basic modern features, especially when most other vehicles in the VW stable feature them.
    Unless the MkVII raises its game, next time I might go for the Passat, since they now have 140 horse power version in bottom tax band.
    VW seem to spec the Passat interior to a much higher standard, even though it is only a few thousand more than a Golf.
    Golf Match 2.0 tdi 140 Bluemotion tech, fogs, folding mirrors. Reversing camera didn't make it, so enjoying DAB.

Other motor is a Nissan Pathfinder.

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf Mk VII 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I fell out with the Passat when a few years ago we picked up our hire car at Alicante Airport. Usual thing late at night, desk chucked keys over and said its in row D No 14, one 25 watt bulb in car park . Found car by pressing fob, loaded everything in, settled down and said hooray thats it ! was it heck. Started car (Automatic) snicked selector into D and reached to release handbrake---HANDBRAKE !!! WHAT HANDBRAKE. The rest was pure" UP THE ALGARVE". No handbook , even in Spanish , no car hire staff, Finally found the button on the dash , got a clonk from the mechanicals and eventually we were away. But not the end of the storey , the box was a DSG type box and although the brake had a hill hold it only operated on slopes more than about 3% and when you came to an inclined junction getting away without the thing gently cruising backwards was an acquired art. Things I said about VW.
    2011 . Golf Match. 1.4TSI Manual 122Ps Steel Grey.

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf Mk VII 
    WeegieBob Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughesynights View Post
    Unless the MkVII raises its game, next time I might go for the Passat, since they now have 140 horse power version in bottom tax band.
    VW seem to spec the Passat interior to a much higher standard, even though it is only a few thousand more than a Golf.
    I would certainly agree with you Hughsey - I don't see the point of bringing out a Mk VII if its a light rehash of the Mk VI. A number of folks I've read on here were quite disappointed the MkVI wasn't a big improvement on the Mk V, so why I ask myself waste an ideal opportunity to redress their customer base complaints and resolve all the issues that the Mk VI appears to have brought with it from the MkV.

I don't have the experience many folks here have with earlier models as this VW I have is the first VW I've ever bought in 40 years of motoring, so I can't compare. As I mentioned earlier I really can't complain about the car, but I probably would join the ranks of the disappointed if the MkVII turns out to be no more than a lost opportunity. Problem is, I don't want to go towards Scoobies or EVO's as they're just too balls out for me, whereas I was anticipating a serious contender from VW with its next generation Golf R.

Its going to be a slow 12 months! LOL!

WeegieBob.

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf Mk VII 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WeegieBob View Post
    Problem is, I don't want to go towards Scoobies or EVO's as they're just too balls out for me, whereas I was anticipating a serious contender from VW with its next generation Golf R.

Its going to be a slow 12 months! LOL!
    Golf R isn't quick enough for you? You feel the need for speed!

What about the new RS3?
    Kind of a run-out for the old A3 platform, but properly quick for the money.
    Golf Match 2.0 tdi 140 Bluemotion tech, fogs, folding mirrors. Reversing camera didn't make it, so enjoying DAB.

Other motor is a Nissan Pathfinder.

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf Mk VII 
    WeegieBob Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughesynights View Post
    Golf R isn't quick enough for you? You feel the need for speed!
    Oh yes! I'm at that funny age where I'm lusting after something I couldn't afford as a younger man, but the other half draws the line at 4 wheels! LOL!

I'll have a look at an RS3, its certainly an option I hadn't considered - thanks.

WeegieBob.

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf Mk VII 
    WeegieBob Guest
    Went to see an RS3 yesteday Hughesy - serious car, but at nearly 40k its too expensive.

That said I was well taken by the A5 Coupe, a very good looking car and within my price range - now look what you've done, you've got me all confused! LOL!

WeegieBob.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast