1. Cool Skyline Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Finally got my skyline lights installed. I bought the LED circuits from Belgium and spent all day fitting them. This was a modification I feel in love with when I first saw it nearly to years ago.

So I decided to do a full right up on it incase anyone else fancied giving it ago.

First off all you'll need VCDS. You'll need to add in a second rear fog light, fog light as driving light and fog light as brake light. Once you've done that, you'll have an error light to say rear left brake light not working. This is because when you activate fog light as driving light, the central electrics automatically think that the car has to rear fog lights, so to cancel the error, you need to find pin 4 on connection B behind the relays in the drivers side foot well.

Once the wire is in, I then added a load resistor and ground the wire.

Next stage is to get the LED circuits into the tail lights. To start with, remove the lense from from the light using a heat gun and a small flat head screwdriver.

Once removed, unscrew the back of the light and unclip the centre of the light.

The next stage takes time and needs to be done carefully. All the holes for the LEDs need to be drilled out and the backs sanded down. Be carefully not to scratch the chrome on the front of the lense as this will be seen when finished.

Once the holes are all drilled then rebuild the light with the circuit added in.

Once this is done, the lense needs glued back onto the light. Make sure you get it right first time as there's no going back! Once there glued on your done.

For fitting them into the car, remove the boot liner to make wiring easier. For now, I just crimped the wires, bit I plan to get OEM wires and clips so that the lights can come in and out and just cause I'm fussy! Wire both the new LED rings into the existing fog light wiring and then you can wire up both the reverse light into both sides. (this will require a LHD rear light cluster, giving the right hand side fog a clear lense)

Then sit back and enjoy your new lights!

Reverse lights (now I can see where I'm going!)

Foglights.

3 0 0

2. Re: Skyline Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great write up.

Where did you get the LED circuits from?

Cheers
    Lee
    2010 VW Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG, Parking Sensors, RCD510 with Media-In Interface and bluetooth, Leather, Cruise, TPM, Auto Hold, 17% Tints, Candy White.

0 0 0

3. Re: Skyline Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought them from a guy on Ukpassats. The only person I'm the world who actually still makes them and would post a set to me!

Think I covered all the basic points of the how to but you could spend all day going over every little point!

0 0 0

4. Re: Skyline Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice job matey, join the club

Seemed a very long way round though!!
    07 Passat SEL Sport TDI 170 R
    Deep Pearl Black

0 0 0

5. Re: Skyline Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice mod has anyone got a contact name for the ring lights. also the yellow wire from front fuse box where does it go and how do you connect the load resistor any pics please.

0 0 0

6. Re: Skyline Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm still waiting on the resistor to arrive in the post. When it's here I'll post more pictures.

It was a long way round it but I'd never seen them for sale any other way! How did you wire yours in Tom?

0 0 0

7. Re: Skyline Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This seems very,very interesting Will be thinking of doing this soon
    For Sale: VW Passat 2.0 TDI Sport

0 0 0

8. Re: Skyline Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right ive ordered my led rings got a lhd reverse light coming off ebay got 2 silver coated white bulbs to go into the new reverse lights. Tomboy you said it was a long way round can you do a tutorial of how you done yours.

g-black thanks for the step by step guide im looking forward to doing mine..

only thing im not sure of!! where does the yellow wire go from fuse box..
    and whats the order number of the cable that goes into the fusebox

0 0 0

9. Re: Skyline Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yellow wire is 000 979 150 E. Just ground the wire, with a load resistor, to the best possible chassis bolt, bearing in mind that the resistor gets very warm so keep it clear of anything. I'll fomd somewhere and show you where I put mine.

As far as I'm aware Tom bought his lights pre built.

The bulbs that are in the reverse and fog lights will work fine cause there clear.

1 0 0

10. Re: Skyline Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Been wanting to do this/find a set for sale !! such a mission & headache to go thru when you dont know what your doing!! Very good post G-Black

Thanks

0 0 0

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast