Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 2005 2.0TDi BLB engine has 183K miles and no chain failure yet, but I'm beginning to be paranoid and am considering preventative measures.

0 0 0

2. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    All you can do is fit a new chain and tensioner (if you can find the parts) or do the full upgrade. As I have said though, I think the vast majority of these engines have no issues but a few do and it is so expensive it gets well known. It is by no means the terrible issue that tinterweb scare mongers would have people believe.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

3. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Soo, Sunday night I was looking up options for oil pump swaps, my cars on 96k, thought it would be an idea to change it before its a problem, looking up parts and kits, in the car to work yesterday morning, low oil pressure light. Switched it off immediately, hopefully didn't do any damage to oil dependent parts, but it spat the chain out

I'm the 5th owner, not had the car long, will I have any luck from Audi?

0 0 0

4. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blakep82 View Post
    will I have any luck from Audi?
    10 years old, 5th hand, 100K miles, no full dealer service history, not bought from Audi = you're avin a laugh!!

People have struggled to get them to do a 4 year old, one owner, FSH car!
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

5. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know, but worth asking!

0 0 0

6. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    you will get help if you ask. they would sort the engine out like anywhere else, then give you a big bill that you would need to pay before driving off, same as any other garage.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 1 0

7. Re: big problem oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know the part number of the alloy sprocket cover? I can't find it anywhere...

0 1 0

8. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello All - I have been told by an Administrator to only add this to one post so as not to clog the forum, ( so i am doing my best to adhere to the rules politely an correctly) I am attempting to spread the word as much as possible re: balance shaft failure , please read my message below:

Goodwill gesture / compensation - I have contact Audi based in Germany (service@audi.de) and told them about my balance shaft failure - email them on: service@audi.de
    I brought to their attention that this failure is extremely common and that Audi UK are completely dismissing owners and not offering any form of goodwill to help with the financial impact this issue of oil pump and balance shaft failure causes. Audi Germany have already said that if more UK Audi owners report issue to them on this subject they can follow up with more strength. Audi Germany have already made Audi UK call me and we are now in negotiations to see what financial gesture I will be receiving.

So please email your story of balance shaft failure to service@audi.de, (only needs to be a paragraph or so – just to make them aware of the numbers of failures out there really) it will be logged and you should get a call from Audi UK within 10 days and Audi Germany will request that you update them with how Audi UK dealt with you. It is working for me, Audi Germany are basically overseeing that this is dealt with appropriately and correctly now, which is hugely helpful.

I think this is the first time this issue is really being brought to their attention, so it seems…... I explained the hundreds of Audi owners who have suffered this failure and have been dismissed by Audi UK. So frustrating!!! It seems that this is shedding some light on the situation, finally.

Goodluck !! I am posting this to help those Audi owners on forums who have said they tried for compensation but have had no joy......hope it helps you.
    Audi Germany email - service@audi.de

1 2 0

9. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I can't see how Audi DE don't already know about it...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

10. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Audi DE do know about it and do compensate their customers in Germany even if outside of warranty as a gesture of goodwill. What they said is they are shocked that Audi UK are not doing the same and hence their investigation and overseeing of it now. Audi Germany literally said to me that they will make sure I receive financial reimbursement and will follow it through with me via Audi UK. This is the whole point of my thread- it seems Audi UK haven't been playing ball when they should have been. And now it's been exposed ......

1 1 0

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast