Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know this has probably been covered a lot but I have not yet had this problem because I do not own an Audi, just looking to buy one and trying to do some research.

Basically what is this conversion kit you all talk about regarding the oil pump issue? And also are there any give away's that this problem will happen, like strange noises etc? Any advice on looking for b6/b7 TDI would be appreciated.

I currently have a 2006 B6 passat that had to get recalled for injectors. It's a 2.0tdi 140, is this engine the same as the ones that gets the oil pump issue?

Cheers.

0 1 0

2. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    year for year the Passat is nearly identical to the BLB in this respect, your Passat would have the original failure prone chain drive and later models the improved spur gear drive that also failed. With chain drive yes you do get a warning, a lot of noise at the front but with spur gear no, it just stops pumping. There are two basic conversions, fit all the later parts that SEEM to be OK or fit the Golf pump and chain and live with a little reduction in NVH.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

3. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah ok, thanks. I think I'm reading into new cars too much and forums lol. Loads of people seem to write about their cars going wrong but no one really talks about how well others have lasted or going well. The % of cars that have had this problem compared to the ones that are running fine could be pretty small. I know a guy well in Inverness who does Revo remaps and he said he's hardly ever had people come to him with this oil pump problem, but on the other hand I suppose most people would head to Audi for that sort of thing.

I was looking into BMW's as well but they have expensive problems that can pop up out of nowhere. Mind you every manufacturer has some sort of major flaw in their cars. I have been edging towards the 1.9tdi after reading all this but finding one with low millage is not the easiest.

Do you think I'm stupid for looking for a used Audi estate tdi for 8K or is it just pot luck and hope for the best. for my budget it's the B7's that pop up the most and occasionally a 1.9 but they are normally too far away.

0 1 0

4. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 03 plate passat 130bhp engine was faultless I whish I'd gone for the 1.9 tdi engine

0 1 0

5. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine was as well. Bought it at 17k miles, remapped it with Revo at 18k and drove it until 120k within two years with only general servicing and DMF at 80k. It's still on the road today and I sold it two years ago.

0 1 0

6. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave_Dweller View Post
    Do you think I'm stupid for looking for a used Audi estate tdi for 8K
    Yes, because for the same money you can get a cracking 2L Octavia 2!
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

7. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Been reading with interest all the oil pump failures, and having just sold an A3 with BKD engine and having spent £1500k on that in 6 months, I am very wary of another Audi. I've seen a (june) 2007 A4 2.0Tdi CABRIOLET that I am going to see at the weekend with a view to buying, but am now very concerned this might suffer with this issue. What are we talking £s wise to have the car modified so that this issue won't happen?? Its fsh, but done 99,000 miles so it could happen any time now?! : (

thanks

David
    2007 B7 Audi A4 Cabriolet
    S-Line - 2.0Tdi (140)

0 0 0

8. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    That one will not have a chain driven oil pump. The one you got rid of is the more reliable....

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    That one will not have a chain driven oil pump. The one you got rid of is the more reliable....
    Yes but that was an A3 and I had that for my commute, and the Passat I am driving now,, towed our caravan (A3 was mine, Passat my partners - partner now has company car so sold the A3, selling Passat too to do job of both) so the A4 cab is to satisfy my need for a drop top and to tow my caravan(!)

As an expert crasher, how do you rate the 3.0 tdi? Problems wise?

thank you,

David
    2007 B7 Audi A4 Cabriolet
    S-Line - 2.0Tdi (140)

0 0 0

10. Re: Oil pump chain smashed thru alloy case and discussion on replacement oil pump conversion kit for BLB engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The timing chains worry me silly and now I have to buy a new piece of kit just to change the turbo actuator....

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast