Notices

User Tag List

Thread: How do I display mileage to service?

1. How do I display mileage to service? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mk5 GTTDI, I usually change the oil in between services but would hate to change it and have the 'service due' pop up a couple of weeks later, how can I display the time/mileage to the next service?...thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: How do I display mileage to service? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can display the miles and days to next service by turning on the ignition (but not starting the engine) and holding down the trip mileage reset button for about 2 or 3 seconds. (It initially looks like you've reset the trip but you won't have).

Hope that helps,
    Stuart
    http://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/vwgolfmk5

0 0 0

3. Re: How do I display mileage to service? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by radox View Post
    You can display the miles and days to next service by turning on the ignition (but not starting the engine) and holding down the trip mileage reset button for about 2 or 3 seconds. (It initially looks like you've reset the trip but you won't have).

Hope that helps,
    Stuart
    Thanks, worked a treat ! 4200miles or 299 days

0 0 0

4. Re: How do I display mileage to service? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did the check on our car earlier, 5700, and 177 days.

how do we tell if its the long life service or the other service? sorry to be un knowledgeable if i have used the wrong phrases.

cheers. and happy new year to all

0 0 0

5. Re: How do I display mileage to service? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    ideal, ive just checked my OH's and that has 3600 or 277 days, now can you help with mine, here goes ever since i got my car if i reset the service reminder it comes back on within 1000 miles, anyway i gave up resetting it but after reading this thread i reset mine then checked to see how long to the next service and it said 1500 miles so can someone please post up how the mileage between services can be set please

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

6. Re: How do I display mileage to service? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    koromoman: I think the simplest way of telling if your car is set to flexible interval servicing or fixed time/distance servicing is from the "days to next service" figure. Assuming you know when the car was last serviced (and therefore when the service light was last reset) work out if it is counting down from 365 or 730 days. As these are the maximum number of days between services on each regime, you can tell if your car is set to fixed interval or flexible interval servicing respectively.

phil_miller: It sounds like your Mk 5 is set to flexible interval services whereby the car's ECU is trying to work out the maximum service interval from your particular usage. This is influenced by factors such as how you drive, typical journey length, type of oil used, etc. I'm not sure how you are resetting the service reminder but the fact that it keeps saying you only have 1,000 miles before the next service (when the minimum is usually at least 6,000 miles) suggests something is wrong somewhere. Possibly a sensor.

Hope that helps,
    Stuart

1 0 0

7. Re: How do I display mileage to service? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    thanks Stuart, im resetting it by the dash, using the scanner at work had the same, am i right in thinking the sensor in the bottom of the sump is to do with the oil quality, and therefore works out the service time?

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

8. Re: How do I display mileage to service? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, I'm not sure where the oil sensor is. Are you using a proper VW-compatible scanner (not just a generic ODBD one)? I'm sure it would tell you if a sensor was faulty.

Stuart

0 0 0