Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    can anybody help ?
    my problem ,i have a 05 sharan 6 speed and it has started to lose the clutch pedal,meaning it doesnt come out fully after being pressed in and leaves you crunching the gears trying to select them,if you pull it out a few times with your toe and press it a few times it comes around again, from reading posts it sounds like the master cylinder or the slave,what do yous think ? is there a way of testing which one it is or take a chance on the master first ? or do yous think it could be something else ? if it is the master,how big a job is it ? i will be doing it my self (i work at cars but its just body repairs but can do a bit of screwing if i have an idea of whats involved)
    thanks and hope yous can help

0 0 0

2. Re: clutch pedal problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well it wasnt the master cylinder !!!!! changed it and it seemed to be better for a couple of days but it back to its old self !!! just to add more to this problem (didnt add it earlier as i didnt think it was revelant)this car has a fault in the gear box its self ????? i have the car for about 2 years and from day one there was a very slight noise in the box .it was very slight but as time has went on it has got worse,especialy the last few months,its hard to explain but at the start it was a slight wine at low gears but it has spread to all the gears now.i been in contact with a local firm that fixes gearboxs and they said it wasnt bearings as it wouldnt last that long as the bearings would have got very very bad and my box is'nt that bad at all,i have told them that i will pull the box out in the new year and get them to check it out. whats the chances the 2 things are conected ?
    btw have i posted this in the wrong section as i havent recieved any posts or are yous baffled too ?
    please if anybody can help or direct me in the direction please
    thanks ken

0 0 0

3. Re: clutch pedal problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ppl it seems i'm posting on here just to tell yous something as nobody has been able to help me out !!!! have i came across to yous in the wrong way or what ?
    i'll give yous one last update and then i'll leave it and move on to someware else that seems a bit more homely ! (not meaning to offend but never been on a formn where nobody wants to help) am a member and a few car formns and always if i can will help out fello members !!!
    last update >>>>>> the box is coming out tomorrow, from talking to different mechanics it seems the bearings on the main shaft (the one that goes through the clutch plate) are worn,when you cover the clutch pedal after moving off you can feel the pedal pulling towards the floor,the shaft is moving side to side it seems and thus makes you loose the pedal and problem this is were the whine is coming from too,the firm that are doing the box will be checking over the whole box to check its ok
    thanks ppl (not sure why i wrote that)
    btw if a mod reads this ,could you pm me to explain if i have done something wrong or i'm not welcome or else there are no techhnicaly minded ppl on here)

0 0 0