Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all

I posted about a month ago asking advice about a audi a4 i was going to look at after reading some probs relating to a certain engine code (good advice given thx).
    Well i went, fell in love, and parted with my cash and now the proud owner of a silver Audi A4 2.0 tdi 140 with 31k on the clock

Had the car for a few weeks now and so far its great. Previous car was a turbo diesel pug 306.

Anyway just 1 question. I can feel a slight vibration(nothing major) from the engine coming through the clutch pedal and just wondered if this is somthing for me to worry about or is it just a audi thing ? i cant remember vibration in the pedals of my old diesel pug !

Thx for reading and any help would be apprciated

Paul.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Normally clutch or Dual Mass Flywheel or both, mileage would indicate this is not the case but it's possible. If it doesn't get any worse then don't try to fix it, you may just be ultra sensative cos it's your hard on cash.if it's bugging you that much get a trusted reputable vag tech to have quick look

0 0 0

3. Re: Clutch vibration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm ok thx.

The car has warranty on it i wonder if its work taking it to audi see what they think?

0 0 0

4. Re: Clutch vibration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I've just bought an A3 (used) and I wondered if this was normal also. I've always driven petrol and the vibrating clutch was one thing that stood out to me.

I was wondering whether you'd spoken to Audi yet and what they said

Many thanks

A3 (56 plate) 44K on clock.

0 0 0

5. Re: Clutch vibration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Is vibration present on taking up the drive, or when pedal depressed and held down ? You dont mention.
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

6. Re: Clutch vibration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Alan02,

It was something I noticed on the test drive when I had my foot "resting" on the the clutch (not full down), I have to apologise for my lack of knowledge, I have always drove petrol engines. I have looked on various forums but am getting a mixed response on what it the 'norm'.

Kind Regards
    Terry

0 0 0

7. Re: Clutch vibration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    If its only noticeable on resting your foot on pedal it could be the release bearing, or a bent fork on the clutch cover. Can you stall the car if parked with h`brake on and in a high gear, with a few extra revs applied ?
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0