1. Do you think my car's chipped? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought my mk5 2.0 tdi second hand in December. It's a BKD engine code, with the 16v head. Stock power is 140ish bhp acording to VW.

I noticed almost straight away that it had way more power than my old man's 137bhp (petrol) pug 406.

Anyway, the egr valve needed replacing recently, so I bought a vag-com cable and got the egr issue sorted (£260).

I Decided to log some of the blocks, which included the torque.

To my surprise, the maximum torque fugure coming up is 410nm (90nm above what VW quote).

The only explanation I can find on the interent is that it has been chipped before I bought it, as 410nm is the exact torque figure that most tuning companies quote. Which shoud mean my power is around 180bhp (according to the chip-tuning websites).

Plus I can never get more than an average 47mpg.

What do you think?

0 0 0

2. Re: Do you think my car's chipped? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    check measured value block for boost pressure reading actual and specified
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

0 0 0

3. Re: Do you think my car's chipped? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, i have the same car, 2.0 tdi bkd engine 140 and i've had mine remapped.

here is my before and after results

0 0 0

4. Re: Do you think my car's chipped? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your TDI produces almost twice as much torque at 3000rpm as your 16v Pug did at 6000rpm, so although the bhp figures are roughly comparable, the Golf will feel much more powerful.

0 0 0

5. Re: Do you think my car's chipped? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bought my MK5 04 and thought I had bought a low power one when read the book and saw 105. Think that was kW as when I took it to Tunit at Chorley for the chip fitting, Dan put it on the rolling road to do a before and after comparision.

Before 173bhp! should be around 140bhp as it's a 140PS or at least that is what i was lead to believe.
    After 203bhp on mid way settings so I can benefit from increased MPG as well as Torque and bhp. Dan says it's the highest standard engine he has seen but regularly gets them 150-160bhp.

It maybe yours is standard but is just a monday morning car when everyone was on the ball and keen, as opposed to friday afternoon when they want to go home for the weekend

0 0 0