Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a quick one guys, I've got all the parts for retrofitting cruise to my A4 (has a MFSW already), once i've done the hardware side of it could a VW garage code it? Seeing as it all the same group?

0 0 0

2. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I shouldn't see a problem tbh if you provide them with the info.

0 0 0

3. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6_Chris View Post
    I shouldn't see a problem tbh if you provide them with the info.
    That was kind of my thought process. As my nearest Audi garage is a 50 minute drive and the nearest person with VCDS is over 2 hours away :-\

0 0 0

4. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve220 View Post
    That was kind of my thought process. As my nearest Audi garage is a 50 minute drive and the nearest person with VCDS is over 2 hours away :-\
    I asked the same question at my local VW they said they could not complete the job as their diagnostic systems are web/online based and Audi are now brand inhibited to them so if they did plug my car in the software would realize this is not a VW and that would be the end of the diagnostics talking to the vehicle. On the other hand maybe they did not want to annoy Audi but I thought wrongly money would be money. I used an independent that had the software.

0 0 0

5. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great thread,thank you,
    have now installed cc on my 2007 2.0d 140 Avant and coded the steering wheel module.
    Unfortunately my older version of vcds will not let me address engine module 01. Called Audi southend, they wanted an hours labour at £100+ to make the simple change, hopefully can call upon one of the newer VCDS/vagcom users here to help.
    Again thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great thread, and great to think this retrofit might be done so cheaply. One question that I don't think has been covered - will this work with the auto gearbox (JAX/HNL)? Apologies if this is a stupid question from a newbie

Dave
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    A4 Quattro Avant S-Line 3.0TDi auto - remapped to 265BHP

0 0 0

7. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry - I could have answered my own question simply by looking in the owners manual . Yes, cruise control is an option on the auto models and therefore there's no reason why it can't be retrofitted either.

Dave
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    A4 Quattro Avant S-Line 3.0TDi auto - remapped to 265BHP

0 0 0

8. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all! Sorry for my english! I just installed a new steering wheel modul part num ending Q to support Cruise control, and installed the stalk, and after enabled cruise control in engine modul, and added cruise control in steering wheel modul, and fixed ESP fault, the cruise control not work... even if i drive, or the cruse control sign on the dash... I had read the cruse control switch blocks in engine modul, and all functions works on,off,set,+,-,.... any idea what is wrong? Thanks!

0 0 0

9. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    check the clutch switch status in address 01 may be measured block 6 but not 100% the switch status must change from 1 to 0 pressed/unpressed if it shows 1 all the time replace the switch as the ecu reads the status of 1 as clutch engaged cruise de activated

so 16 coded correct and address 01 cruise login enabled

0 0 0

10. Re: Retrofitting cruise control to A4 quattro - possibly the best thread on this subject covering all issues from the basic to the complex. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, this is my first post here, had my A4 around a week and loving it.

I'm just in the process or procuring the parts required to retrofit cruise to my B7 A4 Avant.

I am obviously aware the car will need to be hooked up and the cruise enabled for it to work.

So for my questions;
    Where can I get this done, NOT Audi as they want £275 to fit and code it,
    Is there anyone local (ish to me) NE Derbyshire / S Yorkshire that could do it for a reasonable price just the coding
    I'm considering Buying VAGCOM or whatever its called now, is that capable of doing it?

Thanks in anticipation

0 0 0

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast