Hi guys >>>>> UPDATE

I had the bodyshop call me today and offer 70% Goodwill after pushing them hard the past few days.
I didn't accept or decline the offer but asked initially that they send me this offer in writing. To that end I sent an email giving them my address and asked that they respond with their offer.

Once I have this I can the proceed and advise that I'm NOT claining under any Goodwill, but under the 12 year anti perforation warranty and will only accept 100% contribution from VW as the corrosion damage was caused 100% by them and that as the owner I could not have contributed to the corrosion in any way shape or form, or have avoided it.
Further I'll be reminding them of the Tech Bulletin they issued worldwide on 6th Nov 2009 advising of the potential problems due to the "foam pad on the inner wing ( damping for wheel arch of diesel vehicles ) that presses the wheel arch against the upper edge of the wing and chafes through the paint contact area"
I'll be advising that it is adequately covered under the 12 year bodywork guarantee and that I don't intend to haggle!

Furthermore, even with 100% contribution from VW I will be out my time to chase this up, numerous phone calls, fuel for visits back n forth for the approx 70 mile roundtrip. Even being supplied with a courtesy car I may have to alter my insurance for which there will be a charge, plus potential and probable higher fuel costs for said vehicle...

We'll see how it goes from there and I'll let you all know of course