1. Fault code P2100 and P2102 on Audi A3 2.0tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have taken my car to a local garage after having plugged it in and found fault codes P2100 and P2102, I have looked into these fault codes and found it to be the throttle valve. After reading some threads on here and other forums I have seen that this is not uncommon.

I took my car to a local garage and asked them to clean the valve, after a short while the garage called me and told me it was not the throttle valve that was at fault, it was the throttle motor. £375 and a new throttle motor fitted later the engine management light had gone, until the next time i came to use the car.

Just called the garage and i'm taking it back in the morning, for them to have another look.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

I don't really know much about this fault and i don't want to get ripped off.

Cheers Paul

0 0 0

2. Re: Fault code P2100 and P2102 on Audi A3 2.0tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it still may be the same code you must adapt it to the car make sure they have done that ....

0 0 0

3. Re: Fault code P2100 and P2102 on Audi A3 2.0tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry i'm not good with this kind of thing.

In what sense do you mean adapt it to my car?

Cheers

0 0 0

4. Re: Fault code P2100 and P2102 on Audi A3 2.0tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    when an electronic item is replaced you carnt just bolt a new one on and dissapear into the distance and everything work as it should,modern vehicle control units need to know that a new part has been fitted and it has to be told .......in the term of adapted to the car......

0 0 0

5. Re: Fault code P2100 and P2102 on Audi A3 2.0tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah I see, thanks for your help.

0 0 0

6. Re: Fault code P2100 and P2102 on Audi A3 2.0tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The inlet manifold flap (V157) does not need coding, when it fails on the BKD engine it blows fuse 8 (behind the relay 458 in the picture) on the early cars and fuse 24 on later versios.

I am confused by the codes though, I can’t see that the BKD engine can generate P2100 or P2102.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Fault code P2100 and P2102 on Audi A3 2.0tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, you have been a great help.

That is exactly what has happened to my car, fuse 24 has blown. I wonder if the codes the BKD has given relate to the motor, rather than the valve and that is why my mechanic has replaced it. It hasn't fixed the problem anyway.

Cheers

0 0 0

8. Re: Fault code P2100 and P2102 on Audi A3 2.0tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys,

I know this was a while back and sorry to drag stuff back up again but I`m having the exact same problem with mine now.

Did you guys get to the bottom of it at all?

Is the motor and the valve not all part of the same unit that would be replaced by the dealers? Any chance it could be the fly-by pedal itself? Glad no coding is required!

Thanks!

0 0 0

9. Re: Fault code P2100 and P2102 on Audi A3 2.0tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It means the flap motor has failed and needs replacing plus the fuse, position depending on the year.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Fault code P2100 and P2102 on Audi A3 2.0tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Legendary, thanks for the help! Will get it changed next week. Looks nice and easy to get to, so should be easy (famous last words!)

0 0 0