1. Re: Electrics on drivers door not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it all worked before you took the door off the i would go back to what you did. sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere to me. Make sure all the pins in the sockets are coming through at the same length. I recentlt pushed a connector back into place and it pushed one of the pins back. Obviously then i had no elec feed. Dont go looking for anything else till you are absolutely sure about everything you did when removing the door.

0 0 0

2. Re: Electrics on drivers door not working 
    lithium Guest
    Hi,

I see what you are saying.

I have checked all the connections on the chassis and the door connectors, there all solid and pretruding the same length. I even bent the female sides with a small tool to crimp them a bit closer to give better contact.

If there was a bad connection would VCDS pick it up?

Still nothing operates on the door.

I still have wing mirror signal light working, door locks working, alarm/airbag working, speakers working and VCDS doesnt show up any faults.

If i use output tests on different modules in VCDS i can get the windows to wind down plus open up the fuel latch, stuff the switchers wont operate.

I can however get VCDS to throw up a fault if i physically disconnect any switch on the door, i can then reconnect and rescan and the fault goes...

Really is confusing the hell out of me.

I think i have now investigated this for 15 hours and its drving me insane!!

Anyhelp seriously appreciated

cheers
    Last edited by lithium; 17-07-2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: missed gen out

0 0 0

3. Re: Electrics on drivers door not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is thinking outside the box :- have you looked in the Can Gateway section ( 19 ) with VCDS as Maybe the installation list/coding altered when you had the door off if the battery was still connected. Also have you tried disconnecting the battery for a short while and the see if things have re-set ( i read somewhere that the Gateway can populate the installation list automatically ). Just some thoughts Regards.
    Tiguan 2.0 4Motion 140PS 01/07/2013

0 0 0

4. Re: Electrics on drivers door not working 
    lithium Guest
    hi richard

Im in my car now (wireless is great!)

In the installation list the door is installed, i unticked it, saved, then ticked it again and saved, still nothing.

really dont wanna goto the dealers

0 0 0

5. Re: Electrics on drivers door not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you sort it out? as having same problems

Thank you

0 0 0

6. Re: Electrics on drivers door not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by golf144 View Post
    Did you sort it out? as having same problems

Thank you
    I was soldering these wires 3 or 4 times as problems were coming back. Ideally you need a new harness, but it might last just a couple of years as this is a design fault. Any way I sold the car 6 month ago and won't ever touch VW.
    Golf mkV 2.0 TDI DSG - 2005

0 0 0

7. Re: Electrics on drivers door not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have had a similar fault, (Only lock & unlock drivers door (RH front)with key) (No alarm LED) (RH Mirror no Remote Control)

This occurred 3 weeks ago, solid.

Changed door module, same.

Looked at wiring from car to RH door looked OK.

Checked again and broken wire inside boot, PIN 1, this looks to short methinks so added another inch (Heatshrink'd just the joints as want it to be flexible.

Cleared all fault codes, & bingo.
    Last edited by golf144; 12-06-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: spelling

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12