Bought my 2.5 year old A3 170 TDI just 10 days ago and I'm starting to regret it.

A few days after I bought the car, the diesel particulate filter light came on. So as per the owners manual, I drove nowhere fast for 30 mins and that seemed to fix the problem. 5 days or so ago, the same light came on and no matter what I tried, the light wouldn't go out. Tonight the flashing glow plug light came on whilst I was driving and now the car appears to be in limp mode. According to the manual, when the glow plug light flashes whilst driving, the car requires an immediate service.

I'm wondering what my options are....

I know that there are firms which will remove the DPF but will that effect the warranty which I have on the car? Will doing so improve performance/economy? Will this make the vehicle fail any emissions part of the MOT test when the car is old enough to have to take these?

Should I get the DPF replaced which I read can cost towards £1000? Only to have the car suffer from the same problem at some in the future?

I really like the car but have to say that I've been left very disappointed by the whole experience. I know I mainly use the car for shortish trips but having to drive at 60kph in 5/6th gear for 15 mins every so often is simply a joke!

Would love to hear from those who have had the same experience.

Many thanks.