Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Is anyone interested in Photography ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Is anyone interested in Photography ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everyone

I've been into photography for 40 years or so, The thought crossed me it could be a decent topic.

My main interests are photographing Transport Ships, Aircraft, Trains etc

However my trusty Canon 5Ds Shutter failed, the repair cost was nearly as much as a new camera, So Im looking for a replacement. Ive always been a Canon fan but Im very impressed / tempted by the Nikon D300s. Anyone any thoughts / tips E.G I keep Silica gel sashets as found in packaging in my camera bag to absorb any moisture.

It doesn't matter if you use an expensive DSLR or a point & shoot.

JSH

0 0 0

2. Re: Is anyone interested in Photography ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    my misses is and she has a canon something, got a big lens on it and can take pics so fast i feel like im one of the papps lol, im sure she has said something about a company that will repair and service it for £120, i will ask her and pm you mate

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

3. Re: Is anyone interested in Photography ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil miller View Post
    my misses is and she has a canon something, got a big lens on it and can take pics so fast i feel like im one of the papps lol, im sure she has said something about a company that will repair and service it for £120, i will ask her and pm you mate

Thanks Phil

I have had the camera to Canon and several repair agents and they are all quoting huge repair costs. As its given over 5 years and showing its age, Im intending to replace it, But if it can be repaired it'll become a spare backup

Cheers John

0 0 0

4. Re: Is anyone interested in Photography ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    my misses has just got very wet when i told her what camara you have, she said she will have a dig and find out the contact details of the company she use's, she also said she would love to have that camara but it wouldnt be a spare, as its better than her 350d (whatever that mines lol)

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

5. Re: Is anyone interested in Photography ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil miller View Post
    my misses has just got very wet when i told her what camara you have, she said she will have a dig and find out the contact details of the company she use's, she also said she would love to have that camara but it wouldnt be a spare, as its better than her 350d (whatever that mines lol)
    Hi Phil

The 350d is a great camera, I have one as a keep in the car & holiday camera ( the 5d is just too heavy and cumbersome especially in a hot climate!) The 350d does everything as well as the 5d did except the senser is Full frame, Its easy to be taken in by the manufacturers (releasing new models every 9 months or so!) and seeing your once pride and joy become obsolete in a very short time with updated models.
    The 350d may look dated by the spec's of newer models, but its more than able to take great shots

Best wishes John

0 0 0

6. Re: Is anyone interested in Photography ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi John,

A good friend has just got a new 7D (i think - it may have been the 5D Mk II) and she LOVES it!

I have always been a Canon man myself.

0 0 0

7. Re: Is anyone interested in Photography ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I've got a Canon Eos 350D too.

I'm not massively into photography, to be honest the camera is capable of far more than I know what to do with it.

Paul
    2016 VW Transporter T6 2.0 TDI Highline SWB
    2011 Jaguar XFR 100 5.0 V8 Supercharged

0 0 0

8. Re: Is anyone interested in Photography ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiA6 View Post
    Hi John,

A good friend has just got a new 7D (i think - it may have been the 5D Mk II) and she LOVES it!

I have always been a Canon man myself.

The 5D MkII and the 7D are both front runners to replace my old 5D, But Im draw to the Nikon, I used a friends a while ago and it just seemed much nicer to operate and better engineered.
    My mate summed it up by his comment " The shutter is like a barn door slamming on the 5D"

Cheers John

0 0 0

9. Re: Is anyone interested in Photography ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how many Canon lenses do you already have? That's usually a big persuader to stick with Canon.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a Light Side and a Dark Side and it holds the universe together.
    2002 Passat 1.9tdi
    2004 A3 2.0 FSI
    Gone: 1997 Golf GTI ; 1989 Coupe; 2000 A6 Avant 2.4; 2000 A3 1.8

0 0 0

10. Re: Is anyone interested in Photography ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickPicks View Post
    how many Canon lenses do you already have? That's usually a big persuader to stick with Canon.

Hi NickPicks

I have several 24-70L f2.8, 70-200 Lf2.8, & 400L f2.8

So common sense says stay with Canon, But Im tending to use Just the 24-70 as Im paranoid about getting dust on the sensor.

My thinking is getting the Nikon D300s with a 18-200 Zoom which will cover 99% of my needs. Plus it will much lighter to lug around.

Then if regret it later I will probably get a 7D.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast