Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there

Iv got a 1999 VW Mk4 Golf 1.6S.

Recently, my driver side window mechanism was defective, so I gave it to my local garage to fix. After seeing that the guy was constantly messing me around, I decided to take my car back and I fixed it myself. However, the driver side central locking is no longer working, the interior light at the bottom-right hand side of the drivers door doesnt light up, the LED light next to the door pin doesnt work and my dome light doesnt light up when I open the drivers door. I have no idea whether I did this or whether the guy in the garage did.

Can someone please advise what may be wrong and inform me how I can fix this.

Thanks

Shaz

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    It might just be that the wiring connector that goes onto the bottom of the central locking motor has come adrift. The door lock/central locking motor is all in one unit within the door. It is (in my view) over complicated, with four microswitches and other gubbins within. One of these switches tells the car whether the door is locked or unlocked, one whether it is open or closed, and two are operated by the key to lock and unlock it. Unfortunately you'll have to strip the door out to check it. There's a multi pin plug at the end of the wiring loom within the door, this fits onto the bottom of the locking unit and has a built in clip to secure it in place. If this is adrift, it will cause the symptoms you describe.
    I've had to replace the electric window winding mechanism, and the door lock unit on my mk4 Golf in recent months, so if you need any more help please get in touch.
    Chris

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi again,
    I've just noticed the date on your post!
    Hopefully you'll have sorted it already!
    Chris

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the loom starts from the round connector betwen the door hindges,disconnect this and make sure no pins are bent(who knows what went on at the garage) then take off the door card and remove the connector to the motor and check for damage(look into motor casing to see if any pins are bent and then if the 2core wire(stuck partly to the door card) is connected to the door red security light.the second connector is a tricky chap behind your steel door skin but can be done by the patient type.you dont say wether the drivers door central locking makes a zipping noise to indicate it works,if not then the connector is not connected to the door lock.with the door closed lock the car remotely with your ear to the door,silence means hard work for you ahead and noise means you have less to do.

0 0 0