1. 09 A3 with iPhone and Dension 100 not displaying track names in DIS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just purchased a dension 100 and installed the unit ok (please note I do not have the SAT NAV stereo, only a concert version). My problem is I have put the unit into iPod GW mode using CD 6 and track 3 and holding down FF for 3 seconds. I can control the iPhone from both the stereo and steering wheel control but the text displayed on the DIS is CD 1/track 2 not Jay-Z/LA-LA-LA. Why is this? Of course I know the head unit will never display the text not that I was expecting this

Would it be because I am using an iPhone and should be using an iPod Classic or is it because I have not updated the firmware?

As it stands it is impossible to navigate the iPhone because no track or album information is available.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance tom
    Last edited by bertybassett; 17-05-2010 at 04:41 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: 09 A3 with iPhone and Dension 100 not displaying track names in DIS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just tried an iPod nano and still only get CD5/Track1 on the cluster DIS. The nano display was www.dension.com press ok to disconnect and the iPod control wheel was locked so it was definatly in GW mode.

Would a firmware update fix things? If so what firmware verison should I load? 1.22 is labelled audi so do I use that or do I choose the lastest v 1.43?

Need help big time as this is making me super mad.

0 0 0

3. Re: 09 A3 with iPhone and Dension 100 not displaying track names in DIS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is this because the company who sent me the dension has sent me the wrong model number. They sent me a GW16AI2 which is for the non-text version. My car is an audi a3 09 without Sat Nav and a Concert quad lock stereo. The correct unit I would need to enable text to appear on the cluster DIS (by the speedo) is the GW16AC2.

Thanks Tom

0 0 0

4. Re: 09 A3 with iPhone and Dension 100 not displaying track names in DIS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dension support have confirmed it is because the supplier has indeed sent out the wrong unit.

Must say it wasn't any of the supplier on here but the top googled company for dension and an offical supplier. What poor service sending out a unit without asking if I needed the text or non-text version.

After contacting the company they say that they can replace the item if still in perfect condition, of course I had fit the item before I knew it was a non-text version so I guess it is not in perfect condition. I will still try and return the item and see what they say.

I will update you all once I have sent the unit back and received a reply from said company.

Really wish I had found out about this forum and its offical supplier before I had ordered from this other company.

0 0 0

5. Re: 09 A3 with iPhone and Dension 100 not displaying track names in DIS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The company replaced said item for the model number GW16AC2 but again this was wrong but this time I never opened the box before I tried the item and reutrned it for the correct number GW16AC1 and now it works with text displayed in the DIS.

So in short if you have an 09 onwards Audi a3 with concert stereo (mine had BOSE speakers too) then you new the GW16AC1 model is what you need.

Better still would be to talk to sharky on here as as I hear he is an offical reseller with bags of VW/Audi experienace.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you get any buzzing or feedback through the speakers when you iPhone scans for signal?

I have exactly the same setup and my gateway is almost unusable.

Cheers

0 0 0