1. Re: EOBD II Error Codes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Downloaded installed and used. Very happy with this program it is a big help if you have no internet connection where the car is or you are doing a road test.
    Thanks for this.

0 0 0

2. Re: EOBD II Error Codes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I originally made this app 3 years ago and its worked great for very many users. Initially the only bug received was that it won't work on a Windows x64 system. I don't have or want to have a Windows x64 system so I can't try it.

Other users have reported that it does work on Windows 7 x64 and in Windows 8 x64 no problem.

I've had users say it will only run if you Run as Administrator. I tried it on my nephews Vista 32bit a few weeks ago and when I tried to run it, it said COMCTL32.OCX is not registered. I know you only have to register an ocx or dll when you use Visual Basic 6.0 in IDE mode. I right-clicked on EOBD II Fault Codes.exe and selected Run as Administrator and it worked even though he is the Administrator, stupid Windows.

I've just had another user from another forum saying that nothing shows in the results once you click on an error code. I said the results window uses ieframe.dll which is a default install of Internet Explorer providing its in the Windows\System32 folder it should have shown the results.

Ok to try and overcome these Windows bugs that it doesn't work I've made an installation package which in theory should install on any Windows system. The Package & Deployment Wizard what comes with VB6 allows you to make an installation package with all the necessary files added.

Just extract all files to a folder of your choice and run Setup.exe to install.

While installing it may show an error when it tries to install and register ieframe.dll this file is always in use just click Ignore as this dll must already be there and in use.

You can uninstall this app from Control Panel - Add/Remove or Programs and Features.

I need to know if this installation package cures there Windows faults. If you wouldn't mind trying it out and report back to the forum you downloaded if from that would be much appreciated.

I've also added a few more error traps so if my app creates an error it will save the details in EOBD ErrorLog.txt in the app folder just open it and copy and paste the contents into here.

This update new now has 7951 error codes. If anyone wants to try is then send me a PM?

Thanks again for your patience.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

1 1 0

3. Re: EOBD II Error Codes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Ok here is the new update its gone from 7872 error codes the new version has 10.037 error codes. Now its gone over 10,000 I've programme it to show the comma.

I've corrected a slight bug in the last version which another user pointed out. If you click on an item in the list then you use the cursor keys to scroll up or down it was always one code behind. I programmed the Key Down and Key Press but I didn't programme the Key Up so that now works as it should do.

I found an OBD site that show extra info like Tech Notes: When is the code detected?: Description: so I've added this info to the codes.

I've written the new help file with WinCHM Pro so there is no need to download anything from Microsoft for the old Windows help files.

This new app shows online PDF files no problem but you can't right click on it and save it so I've added Download PDF on the menu bar so you can open your browser and save the PDF where ever you want too.

Download file is in post #1.
    Last edited by Keithuk; 09-02-2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Update
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

0 0 0

4. Re: EOBD II Error Codes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this would be extreamly usefull

0 0 0

5. Re: EOBD II Error Codes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    just download it and try and click the Thanks Tim.

0 0 0

6. Engine & Transmission Info 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I've just read an old thread and Gerryf said Hi Keith, might be an idea to have your excellent engine info stickied ? VW Self Study 423 The Golf 2009
    but that thread has been closed.

I have a general engine and transmission info:

The data sticker (options sticker) on the first page of the service schedule has one half of this sticker the other half is on the boot floor next to the spare wheel well.

All the 3 character codes can be typed into VW/Audi/Seat/Škoda Option Codes Decoder

That's what was fitted when it left the factory.

I've also made a VAG Engine & Transmission Codes app that shows all engine and transmission codes used on all VAG vehicles. If anyone wants a copy of this app let me know and I will make a new thread in another section?

There are 5,866 engine codes and 12,088 transmission codes.

1 1 0

7. Re: Engine & Transmission Info 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Keith,
    Many thanks for doing the DTC app and for doing the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    I've also made a VAG Engine & Transmission Codes app that shows all engine and transmission codes used on all VAG vehicles. If anyone wants a copy of this app let me know and I will make a new thread in another section?
    I'd be interested chap.

ATB
    Gup

0 0 0

8. Re: Engine & Transmission Info 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Hi Keith,
    Many thanks for doing the DTC app and for doing the updates.

I'd be interested chap.

ATB
    Gup
    I've posted this app on auto-professionals which I can't really post the link to.

1 1 0

9. Re: Engine & Transmission Info 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Not a problem mate .

0 0 0

10. Re: Engine & Transmission Info 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    You can download all 8 pdf files from my app.

1 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast