1. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What i did was phone Audi UK. They told me about serviceing but only mileage and dates and emailed this info to me. They also stated it has been in to a Leciester audi 9 times. When i phones the dealer to enquire about this the woman would not tell me anything and she was even amazed at what info Audi UK had given me and said they never give info like this out. A BIT ANNOYING to say the least. Just started the car at work and didnt sound like any strange noises where occuring - do you think i should take to a specilist to get it checked out? please excuse the spelling guys im no good at it!

0 0 0

2. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdste View Post
    What i did was phone Audi UK. They told me about serviceing but only mileage and dates and emailed this info to me. They also stated it has been in to a Leciester audi 9 times. When i phones the dealer to enquire about this the woman would not tell me anything and she was even amazed at what info Audi UK had given me and said they never give info like this out. A BIT ANNOYING to say the least. Just started the car at work and didnt sound like any strange noises where occuring - do you think i should take to a specilist to get it checked out? please excuse the spelling guys im no good at it!
    Depends on who you're talking to in the dealer.

Best get it checked out anyway just to be on the safe side - that's what I'd do anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Guest 2; 13-09-2013 at 08:44 AM.

0 0 0

3. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When i look at the picture, which one is right top chain? Is it the one to the right? Im quite confused of right, left, offside nearside. I think offside nearside will be crossed when you are driving lhd car. I think i have clatter from chain on the left upper side when i look at the picture, is that the 057 108 218 tensioner? If i have to change the upper left tensioner when i look at this picture, is that possible? If not, why isn't that possible?

4.jpg

0 0 0

4. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    When referring to right or left imagine it as if you were sitting in the drivers seat.

0 0 0

5. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    As the chains are at the back of the engine then the right I presume would be the one on the right hand side as you look at your picture.

Check the parts list as the chains may have different part no.s
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

6. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    I will change both and all parts which can fail in future. This is good moment to make it and be safe later.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Audi A6 Sedan C6 2.0 TDIe 2011 Condor Grey metallic

0 0 0

7. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    How long has the rattled been there for?, I had the chain rattle for a month changed the upper right tensioner and it went away for about 2 years but sadly returned. I guess its the upper left tensioner which has failed but I cant be bothered to fix it, car is old but doesnt die, Im desperately looking for an excuse to upgrade. I know of cars that have had the chain rattle for 5 years and not progressed or destroyed engine. If you plan on keeping longterm change it, otherwise id take chances.

0 0 0

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910