1. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ohhh thats a expensive fix, i hope its all sorted with the £750 fix. anyway plz let me know the result after. cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    job has been done at a cost of 730, but regretably it hasnt cured the problem. As Audi informed me upfront it may not cure the problem i have no recourse. This is turning into a major headache! Any advice?

0 0 0

3. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    job has been done at a cost of 730, but regretably it hasnt cured the problem. As Audi informed me upfront it may not cure the problem i have no recourse. This is turning into a major headache! Any advice?

0 0 0

4. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

5. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wat exactly did they do for £730? as stated earliar by audi tech i think its the right back tensioner that needed changing.

0 0 0

6. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    If the noise is still present then its likely the other tensioners are losing pressure allowing a slack spot in the chain or the chains are stretched which means engine out and full replacement of all the tensioners and chains.In most cases the right bank tensioner replacement rectifies the problem but if you keep driving the vehicle then its likely to affect the remaining tensioners and possibly stretch the chains.
    The new tensioners are modified with reinforced material used for the chain guide

1 0 0

7. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. The tensioner part no. U057 109 218 K 016764/tensioners has been fitted. I am told this is the upper right tensioner. They have verbally told me the chain was checked and it had not stretched. Labour was 486, tensioner was 113.36 all plus vat.
    They also confirmed that Audi are aware of the fault and this tensioner has been redesigned. It looks like I am the unlucky one and as A8 Tech says it must be one of the others losing pressure.
    Any idea how long my engine will last with the start up clatter (which I can put up with).?

0 0 0

8. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    no real problems but in some extreme cases the chain guide for the other tensioners wear through and the chain jumps

0 1 0

9. Smile Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok, it looks like i am going to sit this one out. The cars only worth about 7k, so will wait until i can find an independant in this area to do the full monty. Anyone near Warrington interested?. Once again thanks to those that contributed to this thread

0 0 0

10. Re: Timing chain noise 2.7 v6 tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Sorry to say its a dealer job to remove the engine as you need a platform to drop it down

0 0 0

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast