1. Build Week / Delivery dates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone, ordered an A3 Cab Technik Mar 17 2010, as yet still not had a build week / delivery date from dealer.

Just wondered anyone else had any info from around these dates from other dealers, or indeed what has been your experience on lead times.

Thanks.

Andy
    2011 BMW 520 Touring + 2010 A3 TECHNIK CABRIOLET for Wife & Daughter

0 0 0

2. Re: Build Week / Delivery dates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This maybe due to Model year change 2011 - You should get more information once they confirm this. Should be in the next 2 weeks
    Current - Audi A3 Sportback 1.8T Sline
    Gone - Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition, Audi S4 Saloon,
    Why not join the Audi A3 Owners Club

0 0 0

3. Re: Build Week / Delivery dates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Onemanparty, you are correct had more info since first post, no more 2010 build dates left, everything now 2011 sometime after week 21 end of May, which makes delivery late June at best, ridiculous, who's doing production planning Coco the Clown, you lose customers this way.

Anyway my dealer found a car elsewhere and the nice people at Audi UK got it released to me its the second choice colour but at least its now 7 - 10 days away, not two more months.

0 0 0

4. Re: Build Week / Delivery dates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered a 2.0 TDI 140 Black Edition in early April through my company car scheme. I have been given an estimated delivery date of 'early August'.

What do you mean by no more 2010 build dates? I thought the BE was not being built following the facelift. Should that mean my car will be built in one of the 2010 build dates.

Apologies, a little confused

0 0 0

5. Re: Build Week / Delivery dates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petoz View Post
    I ordered a 2.0 TDI 140 Black Edition in early April through my company car scheme. I have been given an estimated delivery date of 'early August'.

What do you mean by no more 2010 build dates? I thought the BE was not being built following the facelift. Should that mean my car will be built in one of the 2010 build dates.

Apologies, a little confused
    Audi Dealer have an Allocation which tey sign up for each year - All Audi Centres had filled there allocation until the new model year 2011 which should be released soon. August delivery date should be an MY11 car
    Current - Audi A3 Sportback 1.8T Sline
    Gone - Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition, Audi S4 Saloon,
    Why not join the Audi A3 Owners Club

0 0 0

6. Re: Build Week / Delivery dates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanparty View Post
    Audi Dealer have an Allocation which tey sign up for each year - All Audi Centres had filled there allocation until the new model year 2011 which should be released soon. August delivery date should be an MY11 car
    Ok, I guess that isn't a bad thing then, as a newer a car would always be appreciated. But I thought the black edition was being stopped? Would this mean that they will continue building the older BE to fulfill orders, or will the BE actually be an MY11 car?

0 0 0

7. Re: Build Week / Delivery dates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Petoz, not sure about the BE edition, however at worst you will get what you ordered or possibly a BE version 2011 MY. I suspect being stopped means not taking new orders, but there is very little difference anyway mainly some extra chrome trim and as the BE version has no chrome trim no difference really.

Fortunately I managed to escape the factory order delay by opting for wife's second choice colour, and got a car already built and landed uk last week.

But I do worry about my own A6 looking to change to new model next year, but what will be the earliest I can order and when will it arrive thereafter.

Anyway good luck with yours and hope it arrives on time or early, if lots of people cancel due to delay you might get it early of course. Besides which you wouldnt want one of those ghastly BMW's or a Merc or is it Renault/Nissan these days.

Andy G
    Last edited by Andy G A6; 30-04-2010 at 12:23 PM.

0 0 0

8. Re: Build Week / Delivery dates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ordered my A6 Le mans 3 weeks ago and have now been told that build date is likely to be October with a delivery in November/ December.

Have asked when the new A6 is coming and was told that the release had been delayed, but have not seen anything in the press.

I thought that there was a recession on!!

I can't understand how there are such long delays for the cars, you would think they would up production as one of the delays is the lack of the 170 diesel engine

0 0 0

9. Re: Build Week / Delivery dates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My god thats 7 to 8 months, having a laugh surely, of course one problem is exchange rates, its more profitable to supply the rest of the eurozone rather than the UK due to exchange rates, would they do that ? ?

Of course they would tell you the new model is delayed as they need to sell out the old ones, and if you think its delayed you might not hold out for the new one, would they do that also ? ?

Andy G

0 0 0