1. crankshaft position sensor location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looking to change this part can anybody show me a picture or location of this part or point me in the right direction ,thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: crankshaft position sensor location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My crystal ball is away for the weekend so you will have to provide your engine code. It is on the ID label either in the service book or on the ID label in the spare wheel bay. Also tell us why you want to change it. Regards Peter

0 0 0

3. Re: crankshaft position sensor location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its a year 2000 a6 2.5 tdi v6,engine code afb.had the car put on a vag computer recently due to loss of power and crankshaft position sensor came up as a fault.the car starts and drives no problem,but it is dead as a door nail and you could probably run quicker than it.no turbo boost in her at all

0 0 0

4. Re: crankshaft position sensor location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    It is referred to as' Engine speed sender -G28-' and is behind and to the right of the filler cap. Are you sure that is the problem, although if this sensor fails the engine goes into limp morde to protect itself. I am surprise the vag com tech did not tell you where the sensor is, he did not mention the error code or mention, needle lift sender -G80, did he.
    If you paid for the diag why did you not let him change the sensor and check the system out. You could be going back like a yoyo ios the sensor does not clear the problem. Regards Peter

1 0 0

5. Re: crankshaft position sensor location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the bloke only charged me £20 to put it on his vag computer,but will clear the fault for free once i replace the sensor,its a friend of friend kinda,what filler cap are you refering to peter.

0 0 0

6. Re: crankshaft position sensor location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter D View Post
    It is referred to as' Engine speed sender -G28-' and is behind and to the right of the filler cap. Are you sure that is the problem, although if this sensor fails the engine goes into limp morde to protect itself. I am surprise the vag com tech did not tell you where the sensor is, he did not mention the error code or mention, needle lift sender -G80, did he.
    If you paid for the diag why did you not let him change the sensor and check the system out. You could be going back like a yoyo ios the sensor does not clear the problem. Regards Peter
    could you tell me what filler cap you are refering to peter,thanks

0 0 0

7. Re: crankshaft position sensor location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I would hazzard a guess at the oil filler cap
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

0 0 0

8. Re: crankshaft position sensor location 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Is your rev counter working. G28 Engine Speed sensor is at the rear of the right hand bank ( from the front ) head. If this was faulty you would not have a rev counter. Regards Peter

0 0 0