Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Any 2.0T FSI Quattro Owners around ?? - plus other questions regarding... WHY a B7 ??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Any 2.0T FSI Quattro Owners around ?? - plus other questions regarding... WHY a B7 ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Any 2.0T FSI Quattro Owners around ??

Just looking at a B7, I was going down the 2.0TDI route, but then found a few 2.0TFSI Quattro's at a decent price and mileage.

Im just working out the figures and theres not much in it over the course of a few years, seen as though diesel is the same price per litre,

Whats your typical mpg from a 2.0TFSI Quattro?? also, while im asking the question... what's the typical mpg of the FWD 2.0TFSI?

Or....... should i just stick to the TDI's.....

Rick

0 0 0

2. Re: Any 2.0T FSI Quattro Owners around ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Hi rick

I have a B7 Tfsi Quattro SE.
    At around 70mph on the motorway I get high 30s mpg. I was driving back from Nottingham recently and from thre to Glasgow I averaged 68mph and 38mpg.

Most of my commute is A class and motorway and mine OBC averages out at just under 31mpg over a couple of thousand miles.

0 0 0

3. Re: Any 2.0T FSI Quattro Owners around ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darich View Post
    Hi rick

I have a B7 Tfsi Quattro SE.
    At around 70mph on the motorway I get high 30s mpg. I was driving back from Nottingham recently and from thre to Glasgow I averaged 68mph and 38mpg.

Most of my commute is A class and motorway and mine OBC averages out at just under 31mpg over a couple of thousand miles.

Thanks for the reply,

My only concern would be the MPG,

What made you go for the 2.0TFSI Q ??

Rick

0 0 0

4. Re: Any 2.0T FSI Quattro Owners around ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I've been driving for near on 20years and almost always on front wheel drive.
    My first car was a beetle, I had a Cavalier 2.0T 4x4 a few years ago and always remembered how awesome the traction was in all weathers.
    My previous car was a BMW Z4 3.0SE which is rear wheel drive.

Because my cars have generally been increasing in power, it's more and more difficult to get that power down so I when I was moving on from the Z4, I wanted either rear wheel drive or 4 wheel drive.

Since I needed more space, (hence selling the Z4) I was looking at 3series BMW, or Quattros. Didn't really fancy too many other cars.

When I saw the Black Sline Quattro SE with the SatNav, Bose, etc etc I was sold....or rather the car was...to me!!

I've had it since November and had no problems at all with it.

Completely different to drive compared to the Z4....and truth be told, I prefer driving the Z4. Having said that, the Z4 is a 2seater sports convertible aimedat the driver. The A4 is a family saloon with a tweaked engine in it so they drive very differently.

But the Audi is great in its own ways so I don't regret it at all.
    The Quattro system was amazing in the month of really bad weather we had in Scotland....I never got stuck once and could always get up any hill I encountered......different story in the Z4 though!!!

0 0 0

5. Re: Any 2.0T FSI Quattro Owners around ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I should have said in my post regarding the mpg......the average of around 31mpg is mainly urban. My commute is around 10miles to work but I use the car for business and that drops the average because it's urban and sometimes stop start in nature.

I did get the 38 on a long run......and if cruising a bit slower, at around 60-65, then don't be surprised to see 40plus.

And that's after a remap to 255bhp and 380Nm of torque.

0 0 0

6. Re: Any 2.0T FSI Quattro Owners around ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info above, some useful information there for me... just got a quote on a 2.0TFSI Sline Q, and its cheaper than i pay now on my A4 (B6).

Got a couple to go look at today, as well as a 2.0TDI Sline, one thing i have noticed is a lot of the 2.0TFSI Sline's have sat nav fitted, with is a big bonus for me coming from a B6 A4...

I was not sure to go for a B7 with having a B6 for the last 5 years, I was unsure if i would get board of the cabin with it been pretty must the same..

I will let you know how i get on..

Rick

0 0 0

7. Re: Any 2.0T FSI Quattro Owners around ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    See my signature for an average mpg over a whole mixture of driving for the last few months. Mine is FWD though.

I have 2.0TDI in the Golf, and whilst the 2.0TFSI isn't as economical it sure is a good engine that makes driving fun.
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

8. Re: Any 2.0T FSI Quattro Owners around ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kodkod.84 View Post
    See my signature for an average mpg over a whole mixture of driving for the last few months. Mine is FWD though.

I have been out and had a look at a few more today... saw a nice B7, Avant Sline (2.0TDI) and a REALLY nice 2.0TFSI Q, fully loaded..

As much as i love the look of the Sline externally..... i am not "falling in love" with the cabin...

When I look at the car from the outside I think... WOW..... then when i get in i feel some what disappointed and bored....

As mentioned earlier... my problem is due to owning a B6 for 5 years + and 100k miles.... so jumping into a B7 just looks the same.... even without some of the extras I have on mine!! (I love my centre armrest & cruise!)

At the moment...... i dont have a clue what to buy now... one part is saying... A4 B7.... the other part is saying... its time to move on from the A4 and try something new................

ARG!!!!

Cheers

Rick

0 0 0

9. Re: Any 2.0T FSI Quattro Owners around ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I personally love the interior of the B6/B7 and think it's stood the test of
    time very well for an interior designed more than 10 years ago. If you are bored of it, have you thought about an A6 3.0TDI quattro? From the cars
    you've been looking it I guess it could be in budget?

0 0 0

10. Re: Any 2.0T FSI Quattro Owners around ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shark_90 View Post
    I personally love the interior of the B6/B7 and think it's stood the test of
    time very well for an interior designed more than 10 years ago. If you are bored of it, have you thought about an A6 3.0TDI quattro? From the cars
    you've been looking it I guess it could be in budget?

Yeah, I looked at A6, but only the 2.0TDI which i think will feel underpowered in the A6, the 3.0TDI is just too much cash..

How about a 320D M Sport ?? (Shall i get my coat now ?)

Cheers

Rick

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast