1. Do Android phones work with HDD MMI Bluetooth 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure if this is the best forum for this question. I am out of contract with my mobile and looking to change to either the HTC Desire or if I have to, the Iphone 3GS. I would rather people didn’t give me lots of phone options as I have looked pretty carefully into what I need and what is available on Orange (I hate Blackberries).

However, having looked at compatible phones, I see the iphone looks good (and a salesman told me it is a great phone for pairing with an A4) but there are no android phones that I can see, listed. Does anyone know of Android phones being capable of a decent pairing? I have ordered an S Line with HDD MMI.

Thanks in advance
    A4 3.0TDi S Line, Manual, Quartz Grey, Tech pack High (AMI, Parking Plus), Full ADS + Sports Diff, Sound Pack, 18" 5 spokes, Storage Pack, Interior light pack, Folding mirrors, Heated Front Seats, TPM, Hill Hold.

0 0 0

2. Re: Do Android phones work with HDD MMI Bluetooth 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dont know much about the pairing of any other models of phone but what i will say on this subject is - get an iphone.

I have had all kinds of phones including blackberry (terrible imo) and was always dead against iphone as coming from a windows background i did not want to give in. Then over the last few years i have been forced to work with them for clients (on exchange, home pc's etc) and have finally given in myself a few months back. So been using the 3gs for a few months and it is awsome - so easy and intuitive i wish i had got on the wagon earlier!

No other device is as easy to use as far as typing and browsing goes. Txting and navigation all just make sense on the iphone and i wonder why all phones are not like this!

So yeah with a view from the car angle i dont know, but as a mobile phone/browser/ipod etc etc etc the iphone rules in my opinion.

Ill have my A4 in a couple of months and dont forsee any compatability issues.

Other folk may have differing opinions but as someone on the move all the time with multiple email address's and alot of time spent on the phone thats my opinion.

And of course the immense amount of apps
    Last edited by Ardy; 31-03-2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: more stoof
    2.7tdi sline Avant

0 0 0

3. Re: Do Android phones work with HDD MMI Bluetooth 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
    Dont know much about the pairing of any other models of phone but what i will say on this subject is - get an iphone.

I have had all kinds of phones including blackberry (terrible imo) and was always dead against iphone as coming from a windows background i did not want to give in. Then over the last few years i have been forced to work with them for clients (on exchange, home pc's etc) and have finally given in myself a few months back. So been using the 3gs for a few months and it is awsome - so easy and intuitive i wish i had got on the wagon earlier!

No other device is as easy to use as far as typing and browsing goes. Txting and navigation all just make sense on the iphone and i wonder why all phones are not like this!

So yeah with a view from the car angle i dont know, but as a mobile phone/browser/ipod etc etc etc the iphone rules in my opinion.

Ill have my A4 in a couple of months and dont forsee any compatability issues.

Other folk may have differing opinions but as someone on the move all the time with multiple email address's and alot of time spent on the phone thats my opinion.

And of course the immense amount of apps
    Thanks Ardy. I have had Windows phones for several years and I do like them, especially the syncing with Outlook. I realise that the iphone will also sync through iTunes and having just started a Gmail account I guess I can import my contact list through that as well (I don’t know if the iphone would support multiple syncing though, ie with my laptop and the Google calendar? What’s the battery life like if you just use the phone for calls and emails, say a couple of hours a day max (not playing games or watching vids etc) would you get 2 days use out of it? I have found a few supplementary batteries that I could add, Juice doing a 1400 or 1800 ma/h one.
    A4 3.0TDi S Line, Manual, Quartz Grey, Tech pack High (AMI, Parking Plus), Full ADS + Sports Diff, Sound Pack, 18" 5 spokes, Storage Pack, Interior light pack, Folding mirrors, Heated Front Seats, TPM, Hill Hold.

0 0 0

4. Re: Do Android phones work with HDD MMI Bluetooth 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah i reckon you could get 2 days in that situation - but like you say there are extra life options, little block you can get for about 30 quid i think gives it 2 full charges or a large battery addon case thing. I just charge mine in the car then no worries.

The combination of gmail and iphone is very easy to use and setup/sync which is rather nice.

check this out - just scanned over and looks like this may answer the duel sync question..

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13880_3-10290509-68.html

Hmm hope that makes sense and its not horribly wrong

I also thought i liked windows based phones - until i got an iphone - it sucks and i really dont like to admit it but they do seem to the best job most reliably and sensibly, only thing you cant do is view flash images as far as i know.
    Last edited by Ardy; 31-03-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Additional
    2.7tdi sline Avant

0 0 0

5. Re: Do Android phones work with HDD MMI Bluetooth 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My plan would be to do a final sync with my old windows phone on my PC and then export my contacts to Gmail (the outlook calendar is already set up to sync with Gmail to and from my PC). I think I would then be able to sync a new empty phone with the Gmail calendar both ways (?) and import the contacts at the same time via mobile me or similar. Then I guess all my calendars would stay in sync and I would still be able to sync contacts between PC and phone via iTunes (it might be better to do this via iTunes to begin with and use the hardwire to sync contacts with iPhone on a regular basis), leaving the calendar to sync via Gmail. I hope that makes sense and more importantly…..works!

So having confused myself, would it be best to sync contacts from Outlook to iPhone via iTunes and then set up the iPhone to stay in sync with the calendar on Gmail, thus indirectly syncing it with my Outlook calendar?

0 0 0

6. Re: Do Android phones work with HDD MMI Bluetooth 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That sounds about right to me

Like i say i didnt read that link in detail but sounds like whichever way you want to do it is possible, just a case of back everything up first then mess around.

Quote from that site - using google calander sync..

"options: sync from and to Google Calendar and Outlook; sync from Google Calendar to Outlook; or sync from Outlook to Google Calendar"

I think from what your saying my preferred option would be to -- use gmail & outlook as usual, get them syncing together (weather you want 2 way or not up too you) then just update the iphone via gmail always. (which will cover contacts and cal, i didnt need to use mobile me - just sucks em straight off gmail contacts as soon as you sync your account.) So aye, sync contacts/cal from outlook with gmail sync tool, then just update from there always - shouldnt miss anything and only needs to sync with one program for everything.

I hope that makes sense & helps.
    2.7tdi sline Avant

0 0 0

7. Re: Do Android phones work with HDD MMI Bluetooth 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
    That sounds about right to me

Like i say i didnt read that link in detail but sounds like whichever way you want to do it is possible, just a case of back everything up first then mess around.

Quote from that site - using google calander sync..

"options: sync from and to Google Calendar and Outlook; sync from Google Calendar to Outlook; or sync from Outlook to Google Calendar"

I think from what your saying my preferred option would be to -- use gmail & outlook as usual, get them syncing together (weather you want 2 way or not up too you) then just update the iphone via gmail always. (which will cover contacts and cal, i didnt need to use mobile me - just sucks em straight off gmail contacts as soon as you sync your account.) So aye, sync contacts/cal from outlook with gmail sync tool, then just update from there always - shouldnt miss anything and only needs to sync with one program for everything.

I hope that makes sense & helps.
    It makes sense thanks. The only issue I have is Gmail won’t auto sync with my Outlook Contacts on my PC and I have to delete and re-import if I want it to stay up to date.

0 0 0

8. Re: Do Android phones work with HDD MMI Bluetooth 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Amanda View Post
    However, having looked at compatible phones, I see the iphone looks good (and a salesman told me it is a great phone for pairing with an A4)

This is likely true. Audi and Apple have a big love-in; as proven with the AMI. But, then, aren't we really just talking Bluetooth at the end of the day? You're not worried about A2DP or something more 'complex', are you? Don't think that A2DP works with any phone... car's fault though.
    Cheers, Hippo
    A4 2.0 TDI 150ps Black Edition (B&O, AMI, flat-bottomed steering wheel), alcantara, heated front seats, PQ6 wheels, technology package, Audi Connect, advanced key, interior light pack, folding and dimming mirrors, parking system advanced, TPMS

0 0 0

9. Re: Do Android phones work with HDD MMI Bluetooth 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippogriff View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

This is likely true. Audi and Apple have a big love-in; as proven with the AMI. But, then, aren't we really just talking Bluetooth at the end of the day? You're not worried about A2DP or something more 'complex', are you? Don't think that A2DP works with any phone... car's fault though.
    Neither me or my salesman, could get my Windows 6.1 phone to sync with the B8

0 0 0

10. Re: Do Android phones work with HDD MMI Bluetooth 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got an HTC, pairs up with my A4 perfectly everytime. All the phone book menus work, although they do take about 5 mins to load up.
    2013 Mercedes E220CDi 7G Estate

Ex- 2010MY A4 Exec S-Line Avant Tdi 143 in Lava Grey (VO59BLN) Delivered 8th Sept 09, returned to Leasing company 12th March 2013 with 134,000 miles.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast