Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Service indicator reset

1. Service indicator reset 
    devin Guest
    Hi guys,

Got an A4 1.9TDi on 03 and just had a service.

The service indicator has been reset to 00 days / 00 miles, but I've now done nearly 100 miles and the indicator still shows 00 day / miles till next service. It was a 'variable' 'long life' service and someone at the pub told me it takes 500 hundred miles before the system works out the next service interval.

Is that right
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devin View Post
    Hi guys,

Got an A4 1.9TDi on 03 and just had a service.

The service indicator has been reset to 00 days / 00 miles, but I've now done nearly 100 miles and the indicator still shows 00 day / miles till next service. It was a 'variable' 'long life' service and someone at the pub told me it takes 500 hundred miles before the system works out the next service interval.

Is that right
    When ever I have had my cars serviced at Audi the computer/service indicator has always been spot on - i'd take it back to them and demand they reset it correctly - what if you were trying to sell the car? people would think you were fibbin about the history

If they won't do it most garages have a handheld computer which can sort it in a flash
    Chris555 – Audi A4 B5 – One of the UK’s Lowest Audi’s

Audi A4 B5 1997 1.8cc Lowered 120F/100R on Coilovers - "bring on the corners!"
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As far as i'm aware this is normal. I've just recently had my Audi a4 serviced and had the same problem. After looking in the manuel it told me that the next service due date wouldn't be displayed until x amount of time had passed (cant remember without digging it out) i dont think it was amount of miles done just a certain amount of time.
    0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Service Indicator Reset
    By pbriggs in forum Passat - B5 Forum - 1997 -2005
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-04-2018, 12:47 PM
  2. Service Reset
    By stevenrmartin in forum A2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 07:50 PM
  3. HELP!! Head Light indicator reset
    By Sony in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005