1. Re: fault code p0234 loss of power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    The most likely thing is sticky vanes in the turbo. You could try changing the Manifold absolute pressure sensor as this is a cheaper option. It shouldn't be the actuator, vac pipes or solenoid block as they normally cause underboost when they play up. The customer may be able to clear it for themselves by taking long hot runs keeping just below the point at which it overboosts.

1 0 0

2. Re: fault code p0234 loss of power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamez_mk4 View Post
    can i contact you regards to trouble shooting with this car ive checked the actuator /vacum pipes/new valve block/ the fault only occours after around 70-80 miles of driving then everytime the customer flicks the key on and off it goes for a very short period its very arkward as ive not had alot of troubles with vag tdi engines therefore i have no live data stored
    This sounds like the variable guide vanes in the turbo sticking one way or the other.

0 0 0

3. Re: fault code p0234 loss of power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanky you both very much ill go for map not boost pressure sensor?

0 0 0

4. Re: fault code p0234 loss of power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hello again tryed the map/boost sensor and no joy he said it happens between 80-90 mph so the only thing left is the vanes ive told him to try a couple of additives and some high quality fuel but personaly i dont have much confidence init as its coverd 140k

0 0 0

5. Re: fault code p0234 loss of power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This was an ongoing issue that I had. My first fix was "Turboclean" that you can purchase. This lasted a few weeks but then the same problem. Then I found out that some other people in USA were using "Easy-off". This is a very powerfull oven/bar-b-q cleaner. You detach the exhaust and fill the tubo-up with this foaming chemical cleaner. Leave it overnight and use a vacuum or Pella pump attached to the vacuum tube to exercise the mechanism.

This seems to have worked ok. Maybe I will have to do it again, but rather that than strip the turbo to mechanically clean it. Before the last clean, the turbo vanes were stuck in the fully actuated position - which I think gives low boost, so at that point the engine did not go intolimp mode. Before that, it was impossible/dangerous to do any overtaking.

0 0 0

6. Re: fault code p0234 loss of power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello guys,

BKD 2.0 TDI 230.000km Audi 8P 2005

Loss power, P0234 fault

MAP sensor checked and repeat the fault
    Electrovalvue changed and repeat fault
    Turbo outside check its ok (NO smoke, NO low oil level)
    EGR cleaned

My question is ... is there any chance catalyst get almost full and returns back to turbo gases (air) driving turbo to increase presure to drive out to exaust the gases (air)?
    Can this as a hypothesis be true?

0 0 0

7. Re: fault code p0234 loss of power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I've never seen that as a reason.

After lots of reading possible causes and messing with ours for a while when it had that code I swapped the turbo over for a new Mellet one, which instantly fixed things. When I took the old one apart it wasn't too carbon filled, but did look like something had gone through it that had damaged the turbine vanes. Also a couple of nicks on what should be a smooth surface hence the variable nozzle vanes probably catching briefly. I think its sometimes as simple as the obvious - damaged turbo.

If you have a workshop, ramps, reasonably nimble hands, etc you could remove, inspect / clean and replace it in a day or so.

0 0 0

8. Re: fault code p0234 loss of power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    I've never seen that as a reason.

After lots of reading possible causes and messing with ours for a while when it had that code I swapped the turbo over for a new Mellet one, which instantly fixed things. When I took the old one apart it wasn't too carbon filled, but did look like something had gone through it that had damaged the turbine vanes. Also a couple of nicks on what should be a smooth surface hence the variable nozzle vanes probably catching briefly. I think its sometimes as simple as the obvious - damaged turbo.

If you have a workshop, ramps, reasonably nimble hands, etc you could remove, inspect / clean and replace it in a day or so.
    Update: it was the solenoid box ... the one that i had first tried (used one) was fault. Turbo is ok as i first supposed.

Thanks for your reply

0 0 0

9. Re: fault code p0234 loss of power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Where is this N75 sensor on a B6 as I’d like to replace mine for peace of mind.
    My local garage used an aerosol turbo cleaner which helped for a short period of time, I’m guessing it will need a few treatments though. Where are these treatments sprayed in?

0 0 0

10. Re: fault code p0234 loss of power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olsi20 View Post
    Update: it was the solenoid box ... the one that i had first tried (used one) was fault. Turbo is ok as i first supposed.

Thanks for your reply
    Good for you . Were you able to test it with a vacuum gauge before hand and had it given misleading results? I was pretty sure our vacuum system was OK as I could get full travel on the turbo actuator with one, and also measure decent vacuum when VCDS was excersing the actuator.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast