Notices

User Tag List

Thread: VWAF Ex-pats club (CBTD drivers more than welcome)

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Re: VWAF Ex-pats club (CBTD drivers more than welcome) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshrules View Post
    I'm torn

I find myself full of respect, holding my hand out for a "hell yeah!" high five

but then I also find myself splitting my sides at the thought of Captain Answer driving a daywoah.

you've got the right idea though, buying and running around. I seem to get too attached to mine, even the cheapies...

what's happend to the LR's? and have we seen pictures of the scala? <hint>
    I've recently found myself an eligable bachelor again which is changing my outlook on life, where as I was happy to be in the garage tinkering with oily cars I'm now thinking that actually chasing young women around is far more fun

The Series is still stripped down to her chassis and has been for some time now, the longer it goes on the more I think I'll never put her back together and to be honest I'm quite tempted to just sell all the bits and the rolling chassis particularly with things that are happening at home at the moment

The range rover remains my favorite vehicle, lavishing attention and taking her for rides - Ive recently upgraded all the LPG kit to include a power valve and torpedo tanks rather than the boot tank which was there before and now have a proper dog crate for the back with a shelf under for the side by side to rest in

The scirocco was coming to the end of her MOT so I decided to wheel her in the garage to be fettled - but again with things that have happened lately at home I'm thinking of just pushing her through the MOT and selling up - i'll try and get some pictures done when I get a minute at the weekend
    You may think I'm being helpful yet sarcastic, this is only because I feel I need to help you to help yourself in the future

0 0 0

2. Re: VWAF Ex-pats club (CBTD drivers more than welcome) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Answer View Post
    I've recently found myself an eligable bachelor again which is changing my outlook on life, where as I was happy to be in the garage tinkering with oily cars I'm now thinking that actually chasing young women around is far more fun

The Series is still stripped down to her chassis and has been for some time now, the longer it goes on the more I think I'll never put her back together and to be honest I'm quite tempted to just sell all the bits and the rolling chassis particularly with things that are happening at home at the moment

The range rover remains my favorite vehicle, lavishing attention and taking her for rides - Ive recently upgraded all the LPG kit to include a power valve and torpedo tanks rather than the boot tank which was there before and now have a proper dog crate for the back with a shelf under for the side by side to rest in

The scirocco was coming to the end of her MOT so I decided to wheel her in the garage to be fettled - but again with things that have happened lately at home I'm thinking of just pushing her through the MOT and selling up - i'll try and get some pictures done when I get a minute at the weekend
    I can relate to the first paragraph, it's strangely empowering huh

I've got a friend of a friend who's got an old series, couldn't tell you what it is like, but he's worked hard to get it back up and running and on the road, they're still a sight to behold when done properly, I vote for keeping it.

I didn't even know you had a rangey! Details of this please? I trust it's of the vintage variety. One thing I've always wondered, with an LPG conversion, does it alter the note of that gorgeous V8 at all?

0 0 0

3. Re: VWAF Ex-pats club (CBTD drivers more than welcome) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshrules View Post
    I can relate to the first paragraph, it's strangely empowering huh

I've got a friend of a friend who's got an old series, couldn't tell you what it is like, but he's worked hard to get it back up and running and on the road, they're still a sight to behold when done properly, I vote for keeping it.

I didn't even know you had a rangey! Details of this please? I trust it's of the vintage variety. One thing I've always wondered, with an LPG conversion, does it alter the note of that gorgeous V8 at all?
    I use to have all my vehicle details in my signature but no more, I would love to keep the series - its not costing me anything at the moment and its well out of the way where it is so I'm not rushing into anyting at the moment.

My Range Rover is a 1988 Vogue, with an EFI lump in. When I first had the car and was running her I thought she sounded and ran much smoother on petrol however I noticed that when towing anything heavy that this would disipate so I pulled the engine out and stripped her to find some heavy wear so re-built and that had evened the performance out on petrol but LPG was still a bit lacking under towing - fitting the power valve made a massive difference to this, I'm currently on the look out for a drilled LPG manifold to crop up for the right price and fit that up.

Under normal conditions the V8 burble is still the same but I'm sure I can hear that the engine sounds a bit more agressive under hard acceleration when running on petrol, however I get a sharp pain in my wallet whilst doing so
    You may think I'm being helpful yet sarcastic, this is only because I feel I need to help you to help yourself in the future

0 0 0

4. Re: VWAF Ex-pats club (CBTD drivers more than welcome) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've recently found myself an eligable bachelor
    So not only are you driving a car built from stolen Belmont / Mk2 Astra blueprints you're also batting for the other team?

I had so much hope for you son...you've disappointed me.

EDIT: I wasted my 6,000th post on this!!
    Last edited by Sam; 24-03-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

1 0 0

5. Re: VWAF Ex-pats club (CBTD drivers more than welcome) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mycarsavw View Post
    So not only are you driving a car built from stolen Belmont / Mk2 Astra blueprints you're also batting for the other team?

I had so much hope for you son...you've disappointed me.
    Hope he and the Bachelor enjoy one another, mind you each unto his own .

However I am inspired by Mr Answer, I like the cars he has used and abused (well a little maybe). I was once a contractor who bought just two CBTD's an old 340 Volvo Dorkster and a poopy French Renault 19 Energy. They were both **** but served me well.

Like you Captain I am once again a free(ish) man. Me and Mrs QV separated a year ago. This last fortnight we have decided to call it a day. Big solicitor bills will be coming my way vereeey soon.

All the best with it Captain I know how **** it can be and I never thought I would be here.

Oh and the Passat will go (if anyone buys it) soon, not sure yet if pure CBTD as am now tempted by Mondeos with cruise and stuff

Mind you my Pasty is hardly posh
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

6. Re: VWAF Ex-pats club (CBTD drivers more than welcome) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mycarsavw View Post
    you've disappointed me.
    Why were you hoping that you would be the lucky one?

Quote Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
    Hope he and the Bachelor enjoy one another, mind you each unto his own .

However I am inspired by Mr Answer, I like the cars he has used and abused (well a little maybe). I was once a contractor who bought just two CBTD's an old 340 Volvo Dorkster and a poopy French Renault 19 Energy. They were both **** but served me well.

Like you Captain I am once again a free(ish) man. Me and Mrs QV separated a year ago. This last fortnight we have decided to call it a day. Big solicitor bills will be coming my way vereeey soon.

All the best with it Captain I know how **** it can be and I never thought I would be here.

Oh and the Passat will go (if anyone buys it) soon, not sure yet if pure CBTD as am now tempted by Mondeos with cruise and stuff

Mind you my Pasty is hardly posh
    I never thought I would be here either, but such is life. Luckily we had not walked down the aisle as yet but she is entitled to some of the house value as she was also paying the mortgage.

She has agreed I get custody of the dog though

0 0 0

7. Re: VWAF Ex-pats club (CBTD drivers more than welcome) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I never thought I would be here either, but such is life. Luckily we had not walked down the aisle as yet but she is entitled to some of the house value as she was also paying the mortgage.

She has agreed I get custody of the dog though
    Not all bad then, I am living again with Mummy and Daddy! I walked down the aisle twenty three and one half years ago. We are still getting on well though.

Why again am I divorcing?
    One German, Two Italian.

0 0 0

8. Re: VWAF Ex-pats club (CBTD drivers more than welcome) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
    Not all bad then, I am living again with Mummy and Daddy! I walked down the aisle twenty three and one half years ago. We are still getting on well though.

Why again am I divorcing?
    Bloody hell, this is turning into more and more like the ex-wives club, not the ex-pats club...
    Nothing to see here, move along..

0 0 0

9. Re: VWAF Ex-pats club (CBTD drivers more than welcome) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hex69 View Post
    Bloody hell, this is turning into more and more like the ex-wives club, not the ex-pats club...
    Isn't it just

I am looking forward to the CBTD in my case Crap Banger That's Defeated, however not the solicitor bills for the divorce
    One German, Two Italian.

0 0 0

10. Re: VWAF Ex-pats club (CBTD drivers more than welcome) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's ok though, I'll soldier on...somehow.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast