1. Angry car now been rejected 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    after numerous calls between the dealer, VW at Milton Keynes and ourselves we have now told the dealer we wish to reject our Eos.

We have got Trading Standards involved in the case, the dealer is a member of a scheme with them.

Now it's a case of waiting to see what VW will offer, at the moment they seem to be going down the line of replacing the car with a new one, but it's got to the point I would rather have my money back and get out of this sorry excuse for a car.

It has spent 3 weeks with the dealer on 2 occasions, each time it comes back it's worse than before.

yesterday, the 21st of may, was supposed to be the day of VW's decision but we have still heard nothing, they are hoping to pick the car up tomorrow so a technician from VW can give it a further inspection but I'm loathe to let them have it again or it will be a case of saying it's cured again and waiting for another downpour to prove them wrong.

I'm bloody sick of this car

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by netherfield View Post
    after numerous calls between the dealer, VW at Milton Keynes and ourselves we have now told the dealer we wish to reject our Eos.

We have got Trading Standards involved in the case, the dealer is a member of a scheme with them.

Now it's a case of waiting to see what VW will offer, at the moment they seem to be going down the line of replacing the car with a new one, but it's got to the point I would rather have my money back and get out of this sorry excuse for a car.

It has spent 3 weeks with the dealer on 2 occasions, each time it comes back it's worse than before.

yesterday, the 21st of may, was supposed to be the day of VW's decision but we have still heard nothing, they are hoping to pick the car up tomorrow so a technician from VW can give it a further inspection but I'm loathe to let them have it again or it will be a case of saying it's cured again and waiting for another downpour to prove them wrong.

im sure i dont need to make you aware of the sale of goods act and trade descption. both of which, VW appear to be in breach of. granted, they have attempted to repair it and fair play to them, if they offer you an exchanged vehicle, i would consider this strongley before requesting a full refund. you may be able to wangle a small refund or extras on the new(er) car.... think very carefully before making any serious decisions, after all you would probably love to have the car, but minus its faults?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No not really, in fact the thing that worries me most is the resale value in a few years time, who will want to buy a car that is notorious for leaks. I think i would be better off out of it all together.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No not really, in fact the thing that worries me most is the resale value in a few years time, who will want to buy a car that is notorious for leaks. I think i would be better off out of it all together.
    fair enough didnt mean to sound short or anything mate, i know how annoyed you can get about things like this. i've had the same with my golf, but i wouldnt part with it now despite that. i guess if you're at that point where you really dont want it, id push for the refund then, you have sufficient grounds to do so

0 0 0

Paul Hopkinson Guest

Hi, really sorry to hear of your continuing problems.
    I too would take the money as I would have no faith in a replacement eos being any better.
    As you say in yor next post, what will the resale value be when joe public cottons on to the water issues and build quality.
    I can just see our friendly car salesmen looking into their Glass's guide and taking a sharp intake of breath as they offer some misserable amount for it.
    Let us know the outcome and if you get your money back let us know what you buy.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Wednesday the dealer took the car away for the 'expert' to look at it, and left us their demonstrator eos, same colour, engine only the sport model, 200 miles on the clock,it has more power the gear change is slicker(not as tight)feels like a different motor altogether.
    The latest thing to come back from VW is that they will give us a new car but no chance of getting our money back.

My good lady now thinks we should keep this one and let them have ours for a demonstrator, only thing I'n not keen on is the 18" low profiles, with all the potholes on Yorkshires roads they don't ride that well.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My wife's Eos has now gone back to the dealer after 6 visits to try and cure the leak. They gave me a full refund on the car which we have swapped for a Golf GTI Edition 30 with a DSG gearbox. We did try and do a deal on another Eos which the dealer had but after agreeing a deal with the salesman his manager called and said he would not sell me the car as that was also leaking. VW need to admit they have a problem and stop burying there heads in the sand. If they can cure this the car would be wonderfull but we just could not live with a £28,000 car spending half its life in the workshop and the other half misted up and damp. I see from the front page of this site that VW are bringing out a special edition EOS, perhaps the special bit will be that it does not leak. Good luck with resolving your problem i know from experience it is very frustrating. By the way the golf as absolutly fantastic.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, but a quick look through the posts on this forum will reveal that VW can't make cars with roofs that don't leak, so I don't think a VW convertible has much chance of being leak free. Let's hope your new Golf fares better.

Jim.

0 0 0

Paul Hopkinson Guest
    Hi
    Best of luck with the R32.
    I see on ebay that you have just sold your wind deflector. I have been busy and away from my office etc but I would have bought it myself it I had spotted it.
    Four people where I work have asked me about my eos and problems etc, and after hearing my tales of woe, three of them have gone and bought coupe cabs from other manufacturers, as they were not prepared to gamble with their money on a vw. The other bod seems to have been put off buying one alltogether !

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi guys...

Im not really up on the knowledge with the EOS.. but from what i have read on here and else where reading the leaks its a major problem which VW are trying to cover up.. i think the problem here is that they cant do a recall as theres so many faults woth the roof..

I hope all you guys and girls who have spent your hard earned cash get something from VW... did you know if you all report it to watchdog.. they only require 20 complaints regarding an issue before they take action.. i know its not much help.. but it would be good to get them on side??

As im a Audi follower... theres some good deals to be had with the A4 Cab...

Anyway.. i hope you get it sorted and please let us know your outcomes...

RickT

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast