1. 2003 Golf 2.0 Fault Code 01130 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi hoping someone can help me, I have & 2003 VW Golf 2.0, the ABS, traction control lights are on & the brake warning lamp is flashing, the fault code in the abs system is 01130 ABS operation implausable signal, I have checked all the wheel speed sensors & they are all reading the same speed. Checked the front sensors looms and seem okay (Would i be correct in assuming that if the speed is visable on VAGCOM that all looms are okay?) Will check 30AMP ABS fuses at the weekend, along with brake fluid. But failing these long shots i'm stumped.

I have tried the reccomendations of clearing fault code and running above 19mph, but only have Vagcom 409.1 and the fault code will not clear.

If anybody has seen, read, heard, or experienced the same any advice would be great, I have MOT at months end, and would be loathed to hand over many £££££ to VW...again.

thanks.

Oh, and if i can fix this, it will be beers for all!

0 0 0

2. Re: 2003 Golf 2.0 Fault Code 01130 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The fault code explanation from VW infers that something non original is connected to the power supply or that the ABS ECU is fault. Do you have any non original parts such as telephone kit or stereo?

Vehicle:
    Marque: Volkswagen
    Type: 1J - Golf 1998 >
    Model year: 2003 (3)
    Body version: Sedan
    Engine code: AQY 2.0 L Motronic / 85kW

Event memory 1:

ABS Mark 60

1 Fault(s) detected 01130 008ABS operation implausible signal sporadic

Function Test 1: SYS45_1J_____1_0900_11_ABS_Betrieb
    Test Step / Action Outputs Result
    Test Step : Checking DTC memory
    Signal The malfunction cause must be searched at additional installations, which were not performed by a Volkswagen dealer (e.g. telephone, radio, auxiliary heater, etc.)
    - Disconnect additional installations from voltage supply.
    - Perform road test at above 20 km/h.
    - Erase DTC memory.
    - Check DTC memory.
    If the malfunction was not yet found:- Check wires and harness connectors according to wiring diagram. If the malfunction was still not found:
    - Replace ABS Hydraulic Unit -N55-.
    A Subassembly, Brake Systems, Repair Group 45
    or
    - Replace ABS Control Module (w/EDL)
    -J104-.
    A Subassembly, Brake systems; Repair Group 45 End
    of test!
    Function test log Page 1 of 1
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

3. Re: 2003 Golf 2.0 Fault Code 01130 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check the 2 x 30 amp fuses on the battery for corrosion

0 0 0

4. Re: 2003 Golf 2.0 Fault Code 01130 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your help, albeit almost certainly confirms my worst fear, faulty ABS ECU. I have since cleaned 3 of the ABS sensors (last one tommorow) checked fuses for corrosion, checked all brake lights are functioning, and that brake/clutch fluid is topped up. All okay.

I have also just upgraded my VAG-COM licence, so although I have a Gendan cable, I'm hoping that I will have more functionality? perhaps somebody could confirm?

In advance I have researched a replacment ECU, and have read that refurbed units are reccomended. Does any body know if model specific instructions for removing the old part exist online? I like to see pictures before i start, and the Haynes manual is next to useless... "Althoug it can be separated from the hydraulic unit, due to the delicacy and the need for absolute clenliness, it is reccomended that the work is entrusted to a VW dealer"

Thanks again for all your help so far.

On a separate note, has anybody dealt with inde-tech in Milton Keynes? I have been screwed twice by VW dealer in the last 6 months and i'm considering trying them with this job.

0 0 0

5. Re: 2003 Golf 2.0 Fault Code 01130 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also, just wondering if it is normal for second measurement block in ABS/Brakes, to measure 255kmh when the vehicle is stationary.

Does anybody know what each block represents?

Thanks,

0 0 0

6. Re: 2003 Golf 2.0 Fault Code 01130 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The display is normal for the vehicle stationary,send your e-mail address and i will send you an explanation of the blocks

1 0 0

7. Re: 2003 Golf 2.0 Fault Code 01130 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for your help with this, I cannot yet send PM's or Email from here so please could you let me know on d.k.g@hotmail.co.uk, that would be great.

thanks again.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2003 Golf 2.0 Fault Code 01130 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    High I know this is old now did you manage to sort it and what were your findings please

0 0 0