Notices

User Tag List

Thread: New Audi A5 Cabriolet Owner (soon). Just want some general advice/opinons. Cheers

1. Question New Audi A5 Cabriolet Owner (soon). Just want some general advice/opinons. Cheers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Hi All,

New to the forum here and wanted to say hi (I did in the new members area) and now in here as I wanted to get some opinions on the following.

Firstly, I've never bought a car brand new from a dealer, its just not something I would normally consider or ever had a need to do, but I think its something I'm going to do now. I've got a bit of money to spend and I've always wanted to own a Cabriolet and never had done.

I've always liked the A4 Cab's but was never in a position to buy one, now obviously there are the A5 Cab's and I've spent the last few months researching them, reading all there is about them and taking a few for a drive.

Basically I have the following specification outlined and wanted to get some honest thoughts on it. If you think its good, bad, stupid, silly, OTT.. you get the picture. I just want opinions from someone who doesnt work at an Audi Dealership!

Lastly, apologies for the all the questions that I'm going to list. This is all new to me and I just want to do what is right and best like all of us. So if you could help or have any pointers it would be much appreciated.

Ok, so this is what I have so far:

• Audi A5 Cabriolet
    • 2.0 TFSI S-Line Edition
    • Phantom Black - First question. Is it worth the £600 over Brilliant Black?
    • Red Hood - Possibly. I cant decide if I'm honest.
    • 19 x 8.5J 5 Segment spoke wheels (though I quite like the Y spoke ones. Can you get them on the S-Line Cab?)
    • Leather/Alcantara seats with white stitching. I'm not a fan of all leather seats, but I'm assuming the Alcantara is nicer than Leather/Cloth combination?
    • Convienence Package - Auto Dim Rear View mirror, light and rain sensors, coming home/leaving home functions, auto windscreen wipers. Electric mirrors, heated, dimming and automatic folding I believe?
    • Deletion of Model and Engine Capactiy on rear
    • Wind Blocker - Comes as standard, but is it any good?
    • Head Level Heating - I'm not (and neither is the Audi dealer) sure you can get this on the S-Line seats? Can anyone confirm?
    • Tyre Pressure Monitor - Worth it?
    • Interior Light Package - £100 add on so figured why not.
    • Electric Front Seats - I think this comes with the Convienence Package?
    • Heated Front Seats - Not sure if its worth it if I'm honest?
    • Technology Package - HDD Sat Nav with MMI 3G - High, Audi Music Interface and Cruise Control. How good is the new MMI Sat Nav? Also, I hear you get 10Gb of disk space for MP3's. I have loads, so this is one of the reasons why I want this.
    • DIS with colour display - comes as standard
    • Audi Parking System Plus - not the camera version, but one that displays the graphics on the screen. More for my other half than me!
    • Mobile Phone Prep - High. I'm confused about the Mobile phone High/Low options. Can anyone help what is best?
    • Standard Audi Music System - Is it worth going for the B&O system instead?
    • Xenon Lights and Day light running lights. - Standard on S-Line.
    • 3 Spoke S-Line Steering Wheel - as standard. Is the 4-Spoke one better?
    • Audi Hill Hold function - Its £45 and wondering if its worth it. I figured it would be as its only a small extra and the other half might like the safety of it.
    • Advanced Key Function - The walk up and open the door and the start/stop button. I'm not sure on this as I'm not sure how "secure" it is.. I mean surely someone nearby could jump in and drive off?

Its coming out at the dealer just shy of £40K and while I could 'afford' it. I dont want to spend extra if its not really worth the cash.

Many thanks in advance

Andy

0 0 0

2. Re: New Audi A5 Cabriolet Owner (soon). Just want some general advice/opinons. Cheers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi andy.

I have decided to go for the A5 cab. I have an A6 Le Mans which is in phantom black. It's a b!tch to keep clean but looks good. I'm gonna plump for the White while I'm the good side of 30!!

The s line trim has a lot more than the base model and although heated seats are a blessing in winter they get very cold too but I'm sure I can live without mine. The Interior light pack is good. Very useful and on the a6 you can dim it for a soft glow in the footwells and armrests. Tyre pressure is probably personal I'd not bother. Advanced key sounds good and I'm sure it's secure bu I'm worried it may make YOU look the car thief!!

I'll pop back for some more thoughts later

shrek

0 0 0

3. Re: New Audi A5 Cabriolet Owner (soon). Just want some general advice/opinons. Cheers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    Hi All,

New to the forum here and wanted to say hi (I did in the new members area) and now in here as I wanted to get some opinions on the following.

Firstly, I've never bought a car brand new from a dealer, its just not something I would normally consider or ever had a need to do, but I think its something I'm going to do now. I've got a bit of money to spend and I've always wanted to own a Cabriolet and never had done.

I've always liked the A4 Cab's but was never in a position to buy one, now obviously there are the A5 Cab's and I've spent the last few months researching them, reading all there is about them and taking a few for a drive.

Basically I have the following specification outlined and wanted to get some honest thoughts on it. If you think its good, bad, stupid, silly, OTT.. you get the picture. I just want opinions from someone who doesnt work at an Audi Dealership!

Lastly, apologies for the all the questions that I'm going to list. This is all new to me and I just want to do what is right and best like all of us. So if you could help or have any pointers it would be much appreciated.

Ok, so this is what I have so far:

• Audi A5 Cabriolet
    • 2.0 TFSI S-Line Edition
    • Phantom Black - First question. Is it worth the £600 over Brilliant Black?
    • Red Hood - Possibly. I cant decide if I'm honest.
    • 19 x 8.5J 5 Segment spoke wheels (though I quite like the Y spoke ones. Can you get them on the S-Line Cab?)
    • Leather/Alcantara seats with white stitching. I'm not a fan of all leather seats, but I'm assuming the Alcantara is nicer than Leather/Cloth combination?
    • Convienence Package - Auto Dim Rear View mirror, light and rain sensors, coming home/leaving home functions, auto windscreen wipers. Electric mirrors, heated, dimming and automatic folding I believe?
    • Deletion of Model and Engine Capactiy on rear
    • Wind Blocker - Comes as standard, but is it any good?
    • Head Level Heating - I'm not (and neither is the Audi dealer) sure you can get this on the S-Line seats? Can anyone confirm?
    • Tyre Pressure Monitor - Worth it?
    • Interior Light Package - £100 add on so figured why not.
    • Electric Front Seats - I think this comes with the Convienence Package?
    • Heated Front Seats - Not sure if its worth it if I'm honest?
    • Technology Package - HDD Sat Nav with MMI 3G - High, Audi Music Interface and Cruise Control. How good is the new MMI Sat Nav? Also, I hear you get 10Gb of disk space for MP3's. I have loads, so this is one of the reasons why I want this.
    • DIS with colour display - comes as standard
    • Audi Parking System Plus - not the camera version, but one that displays the graphics on the screen. More for my other half than me!
    • Mobile Phone Prep - High. I'm confused about the Mobile phone High/Low options. Can anyone help what is best?
    • Standard Audi Music System - Is it worth going for the B&O system instead?
    • Xenon Lights and Day light running lights. - Standard on S-Line.
    • 3 Spoke S-Line Steering Wheel - as standard. Is the 4-Spoke one better?
    • Audi Hill Hold function - Its £45 and wondering if its worth it. I figured it would be as its only a small extra and the other half might like the safety of it.
    • Advanced Key Function - The walk up and open the door and the start/stop button. I'm not sure on this as I'm not sure how "secure" it is.. I mean surely someone nearby could jump in and drive off?

Its coming out at the dealer just shy of £40K and while I could 'afford' it. I dont want to spend extra if its not really worth the cash.

Many thanks in advance

Andy
    Phantom Black - First question. Is it worth the £600 over Brilliant Black?
    -To be honest it has a more glossy look, however I think it best suits red, blue colour cars. At the end of the day compare the 2 at the dealer. Make sure both the cars are clean! It's preference. I love the ibis white car.

Red Hood - Possibly. I cant decide if I'm honest.
    -again preference. I had a a3 cab with the red roof, bugger to keep clean and damn annoying when car/oil gets on it. However there are some good hood cleaners out there!

19 x 8.5J 5 Segment spoke wheels (though I quite like the Y spoke ones. Can you get them on the S-Line Cab?)
    -yes they are for an additional charge. However there is a new style to go for! Its like the ones on the R8 and RS 6 cars. 5 segment I think.

Leather/Alcantara seats with white stitching. I'm not a fan of all leather seats, but I'm assuming the Alcantara is nicer than Leather/Cloth combination?
    -yes it is. In fact I don't think leather/cloth is an option on the sline model. So Alcantara is the alternative.

Convienence Package - Auto Dim Rear View mirror, light and rain sensors, coming home/leaving home functions, auto windscreen wipers. Electric mirrors, heated, dimming and automatic folding I believe?
    -yep, saves you money! Because the light and rain sensor alone is £325.

Wind Blocker - Comes as standard, but is it any good?
    -You wouldn't notice too much, especially if you went for the head level heating.

Head Level Heating - I'm not (and neither is the Audi dealer) sure you can get this on the S-Line seats? Can anyone confirm?
    -yes you can. Surprised the dealer said this.

Tyre Pressure Monitor - Worth it?
    -no, biggest waste of money. Your ment to physically check the tyres weekly any way. Both pressure and wear and tear. (nobody does though, I do it once a month.)

Interior Light Package - £100 add on so figured why not.
    -yep it's great! Especially if you drop stuff like me!
    Electric Front Seats - I think this comes with the Convienence Package?
    -comfort package

Heated Front Seats - Not sure if its worth it if I'm honest?
    -Definitely! Must have!! Consider the 'outer rear' if you carry a lot of passengers.

Technology Package - HDD Sat Nav with MMI 3G - High, Audi Music Interface and Cruise Control. How good is the new MMI Sat Nav? Also, I hear you get 10Gb of disk space for MP3's. I have loads, so this is one of the reasons why I want this.
    -It's a must have on the A5 or A4!! If you were going for the sat nav on say an A3, I'd say save your money and use a tomtom. However this new HHD sat nav really is worth every penny! Your certainly gonna get your money worth. I really like the joy stick thing it comes with! The showroom models should have this, worth playing around with. It's better then the previous versions audi done.

Audi Parking System Plus - not the camera version, but one that displays the graphics on the screen. More for my other half than me!
    -Its better than the standard rear sensors as it does the front too.

Mobile Phone Prep - High. I'm confused about the Mobile phone High/Low options. Can anyone help what is best?
    -what do you intend to do/use your phone in the car? just to receive/make calls or make sms txts, etc..?

Standard Audi Music System - Is it worth going for the B&O system instead?
    Yes get the B&O system. Especially with the amount of music you hinted earlier!

3 Spoke S-Line Steering Wheel - as standard. Is the 4-Spoke one better?

-up to you which one you like. I prefer 3 spoke.

Audi Hill Hold function - Its £45 and wondering if its worth it. I figured it would be as its only a small extra and the other half might like the safety of it.
    -worth it especially for £45.

Advanced Key Function - The walk up and open the door and the start/stop button. I'm not sure on this as I'm not sure how "secure" it is.. I mean surely someone nearby could jump in and drive off?
    -true. it's not really a must have. Depends if you wanna show the car off to your friends or not. Its a bugger when your key fob battery goes! Although to start the car you push a button.

Options worth or may be looking at;
    -Servotronic steering. £180
    -side assist, you get the 4 spoke steering as standard.
    COMING SOON: '14 A5 Cabriolet S-line Special edition, Daytona Grey
    CURRENT: 11' A5 S-Line Black Edition Ibis White
    previous: 09' A3 S-line Ibis White

0 0 0