1. rear pads/discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi' info please going to change rear pads and disc.s on my A4 1.8 se petrol year 2000 never tried to do this job. any issues i might come across? limited knowledge involving the discs. advice from anyone greatly appreciated

0 0 0

2. Re: rear pads/discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    you'll need a caliper rewind tool to do the rears, also you'll need to swap over abs ring and bearings to new discs
    tools needed are 13+15 mm spanners and 6 or 8 mm hex bit to remove caliper carrier bolts which can be a nightmare if there rounded off or rusted
    99 a4 b5 1.8tqs saloon
    99 a4 b5 2.5tdi avant
    90 eunos roadster

1 0 0

3. Re: rear pads/discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yep the caliper mounts are a nightmare im half way through doing this and i have to wait for audi to get the bolts in stock, they are the 2 allen head cap bolts 8mm that hold the carrier on, i got them out but they are f**ked i had to use a pair of mulgrips and an allen key with a master bar and rust off and carb cleaner and alot of force. i would get some ordered before you start just incase they are only a few pounds, my car is mid air waiting for the bolts, so much hassle

0 0 0

4. Re: rear pads/discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    are there no fastener companies near you? usually find one on an industrial estate got one just around the corner from me and they seem to have any nut bolt and washer in existence in stock

always usefull to know where the nearest one is for when you come accross some knackered nuts and bolts, also audi probably charged 2-3 quid for a 20p part
    99 a4 b5 1.8tqs saloon
    99 a4 b5 2.5tdi avant
    90 eunos roadster

0 0 0

5. Re: rear pads/discs 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks everyone, decided to leave to the experts (local audi/vw garage) will post detail of cost

0 0 0