1. Golf MK5 Door wind noise and rattles 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a Golf Mk5, 3 door, just recently I have started to experience rattles towards the rear of both doors, up near the locks. I am also experiencing wind noise towards the rear of the passenger door.
    I have booked the car into VW next week to have a look at these problems under warranty, unfortunatley they tell me as the car is just over 6 months old that any door adjustments will be chargeable.

Questions - Are the rattles in the doors a common problem? is there an easy fix?

The wind noise is the biggest problem, any ideas, does the door require a new door seal? door appears to have perfect alignment

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony444 View Post
    I have a Golf Mk5, 3 door, just recently I have started to experience rattles towards the rear of both doors, up near the locks. I am also experiencing wind noise towards the rear of the passenger door.
    I have booked the car into VW next week to have a look at these problems under warranty, unfortunatley they tell me as the car is just over 6 months old that any door adjustments will be chargeable.

Questions - Are the rattles in the doors a common problem? is there an easy fix?

The wind noise is the biggest problem, any ideas, does the door require a new door seal? door appears to have perfect alignment
    ok... hang on for 2 seconds there mate

<rant mode on> the car is just over 6 months old and they're trying to charge you if an adjustment is needed?? tell them where to get off and if they try to charge you for such things, you'll write a letter of complaint to their head office <rant off>

rattles and wind noise are a very common problem, i have read on various forums, the problem seems to be mainly with the wing mirrors, air flow gets caught somehow behind the mirror glass, whcih gives off a howling or whistling noise. many dealers have tried to sort this with no luck.

i would suspect a mis aligned door seal to be the culprit, doors shouldnt fall out of line within a couple of years, let alone just after 6 months! let the dealer do their work, but if they try to charge you should an adjustment be needed, ask them how they can justify the charge and explain to you why you should have to pay for it.

trust me mate, complain, you will not have to pay for this.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have checked the VW warranty and it does state that adjustments are only covered for the first 6 months/6250 miles.

Believe me I have no intention of paying for door adjustments, if that's what the problem is, a door should not need re-adjusting for several years.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony444 View Post
    I have checked the VW warranty and it does state that adjustments are only covered for the first 6 months/6250 miles.

Believe me I have no intention of paying for door adjustments, if that's what the problem is, a door should not need re-adjusting for several years.
    exactly my point... no amount of disclaimers are any use if, in effect, are invalid. it is the same as a shop stating no returns on sale items. you still have statutory rights. VW can't justify the cost of having an adjustment every 6 months, if this were the case with the cars they sold, they'd be bankrupt.

0 0 0