1. Exclamation Vindis body shop - poor work! advice pls 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Car has been in to Vindis this week to have several panel repaired due to perforation under the 12year warranty (see here:
    https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=89310 )

I picked the car up yesterday and i took me about 30 seconds to find faults, seems the only faults but not good enough.

Unfortunately i have to take it back at my inconvenience next Friday because the body shop goes home at 4pm!

The main alarming thing was on their 'inspection' they missed this:

This is where i had a chip of paint come off and have touched up very neatly in the past, on prepping the wing in front they have rubbed it off. Now i have a patch of bear metal that's gone rusty! very clever.

Also where they have sprayed the wings they have paint already coming off on the folded edge under the arch that has gone rusty. This is the only bit i could get in focus the rest is far worse.:

They also had to paint the inside of the bonnet, where they masked the leading edge (near the VW badge) they have left a horrible rough edge of lacquer!:

I also asked for a detailed report to know EXACTLY what they did/didn't do. It's only missing any details on one whole panel.

The rest of the work isn't that bad maybe 8/10. Beats my BMW experience which was 1/10 and that was for the fact they put paint on somewhere!

So I'm after any advice or experience please, as i say i go back Friday for an inspection which i guess will mean it stays in a few days again!

Kev.

Last edited by Kevster140; 27-02-2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: i can't spell!
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

2. Re: Vindis body shop - poor work! advice pls 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a nasty one from the front wing, one main point why it went there in the first place:

'08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

3. Re: Vindis body shop - poor work! advice pls 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have ZERO time for Vindis and their group companies.... including shepards. It is a real pain having only one company serving the cambridge region.. nearest others that I know of are Robinsons in Norwich (don't like them either), or M J warner in Hare near Buntingford, who are probably the best of them all, but still gotta keep your wits about you, from my experience.

Vindis and I have had various run in's overtime and I can honestly say that I feel they lack that caring feeling. They even sold me the wrong electrical part for my car and then refused to give a refund. That took two visits to the dealer to get my money back, and had to remove the old part from my car myself, and actually put it on the managers desk for him to compare - 30 minutes later he eventually agreed. RAAA. I'd never use them again, except for free test drives. I find them arrogant.

0 0 0

4. Re: Vindis body shop - poor work! advice pls 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dataconn View Post
    I have ZERO time for Vindis and their group companies.... including shepards. It is a real pain having only one company serving the cambridge region.. nearest others that I know of are Robinsons in Norwich (don't like them either), or M J warner in Hare near Buntingford, who are probably the best of them all, but still gotta keep your wits about you, from my experience.

Vindis and I have had various run in's overtime and I can honestly say that I feel they lack that caring feeling. They even sold me the wrong electrical part for my car and then refused to give a refund. That took two visits to the dealer to get my money back, and had to remove the old part from my car myself, and actually put it on the managers desk for him to compare - 30 minutes later he eventually agreed. RAAA. I'd never use them again, except for free test drives. I find them arrogant.
    I know crazy. I have good words for Sawston however, cannot fault them for Dad's VW or my own (shame they don't have a body shop) The manager in charge was manager at ST Ives and moved somewhere smaller and it's got a feel of somewhere 'family run' if you like.

Unfortunately VW customer care are letting my down now, should have rung me Monday chased today because i need answers, car goes back Saturday so they can 'make good' Grrrr
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0