1. Re: Remote Central Locking Addition to an 02 Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just fitted a Flexon Keyless Entry System bought off eBay to a 2004 VW Polo. See Remote Central Locking Kit VW GOLF mk2 mk3 POLO +HAA keys 2 fobs LED flash BOXED | eBay

I found that everything set out in this thread was correct EXCEPT for the connection to the lock wire.

I hooked it up with a 180 Ohm resistor on the unlock side but I could not get it to lock. I wasted ages in the freezing cold trying to figure it out.

In the end I took off the door card and measured the resistance in the locking switch itself. I found UNLOCK resistance was zero and LOCK was 800 Ohms. Ie different resistance and different polarity.

Popped to Maplins, bought a 820 Ohm resistor and hooked it up the other way round to what it says in this thread and it all worked fine.

Just in case anyone is struggling it might be worth trying this.

Btw When I received the kit I realised I'd bought the wrong key type. It has the pointy-ended key rather than the square ended HU66 used on the 9n polo. Just double check before you buy one.

0 0 0

2. Re: Remote Central Locking Addition to an 02 Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billgayler View Post
    I found that everything set out in this thread was correct EXCEPT for the connection to the lock wire.

I hooked it up with a 180 Ohm resistor on the unlock side but I could not get it to lock. I wasted ages in the freezing cold trying to figure it out.

In the end I took off the door card and measured the resistance in the locking switch itself. I found UNLOCK resistance was zero and LOCK was 800 Ohms. Ie different resistance and different polarity.
    Sorry to hear you had to waste time out in the cold. I wonder why VW built your car differently from everyone elses.

Are you sure you've connected to the correct wire? The instructions given assume you are connecting to the locking control wire between the driver's door actuator and the convenience control unit (blue/white wire). 800 Ohms suggests you've connected to the locking control wire between the lock/unlock switch on the door card and the convenience control unit (brown/green wire). Connecting to either wire works but if the car has a factory alarm the alarm won't arm if you use the door card switch wire to lock the doors. You might notice that the red security LED doesn't flash, assuming you've connected to the door panel switch.

Anyway, glad you got it working in the end.

Jim.

0 0 0

3. Re: Remote Central Locking Addition to an 02 Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    does anyone have a photo of where the blue/white lock cable is

i have my boxed powered correctly and wired as shown but cannot get the car to lock or unlock remotely

0 0 0

4. Re: Remote Central Locking Addition to an 02 Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I don't have a picture but if u open the car door and were the top hinge is there's a rubber boot were all the wires feed in from the door to the car if u pull back the boot u can trace the wire from here it's blue/white hope this helps

0 0 0

5. Re: Remote Central Locking Addition to an 02 Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Keegan View Post
    I don't have a picture but if u open the car door and were the top hinge is there's a rubber boot were all the wires feed in from the door to the car if u pull back the boot u can trace the wire from here it's blue/white hope this helps
    thanks i found it , i was surprised to see blue/grey cable that i mistook as blue/ white

all working now

0 0 0

6. Re: Remote Central Locking Addition to an 02 Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash2 View Post
    I've checked and the resistor that you need is 180 Ohm, 0.25 Watt.

You wire your interface box to output negative pulses.
    The central locking control wire on the Polo is on the white 6 pole connector on the drivers A pillar, where the door wiring connects.
    The wire your looking for is blue/white and is on pin 5 of the connector. I've made a note that the wire may be coloured white on some cars.
    Connect the LOCK wire of your interface directly to the blue/white wire on the vehicle loom.
    Connect the UNLOCK wire to the 180 Ohm resistor.
    Now connect the other end of the resistor to the Lock wire of the interface box.

If you need to connect your unit to the indicators they can be found on the black 16 pole connector on the power supply ECU under the dash at the pedals. I think that is the connector to the rear right of the ECU. When I say rear, I mean towards the dash, not the bulkhead. The wires are black/green (pin 14) and black/white (pin 16).

I take the positive supply from the light switch. It's a heavy red wire. To remove the switch, push the knob in and turn it to the side light position. Now pull it towards you. The earth wire just screws on to the body. I usually use one of the dash fusebox securing screws.

I hope that helps.

Jim
    Sorry to revive an old thread. Thank you very much Jim for these instructions. Followed them to the letter and everything worked first time. Cheers mate

0 0 0

7. Re: Remote Central Locking Addition to an 02 Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, thanks so much for posting all this information here. I am hoping to fit a kit to my 2008 polo 1.4d but at first glance I can't find a blue/white wire under the footwell (there is a blue/grey which at first appeared to be blue/white). Is it blue/white in the door and then changes colour after the a frame connector? Anybody have any idea what colour I might need? I am hoping not to take the door apart unless absolutely necessary. Also is a 180w resistor also correct for this 2008 model?
    Many thanks,
    Lee

0 0 0

8. Re: Remote Central Locking Addition to an 02 Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Tomi

I am trying to fit an Rclick remote CL kit to a Polo 6R. If you have the wiring diagram and instructions, please could you share? Especially about the resistor. Many thanks
    Cax

0 0 0

9. Re: Remote Central Locking Addition to an 02 Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I need to put a remote central locking to polo 6r 2009 1.2 - would you send me a wiring scheme? mail: garbaty500@o2.pl
    . Thanks. Janusz

0 0 0

10. Re: Remote Central Locking Addition to an 02 Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash2 View Post
    I could probably tell you how to wire it. Is your car a 9N polo (chassis no wvwzzz9nz.....)?
    If so, things are a little more complicated because the locking on the car is controlled by a single wire. Normally there is one wire for lock and another for unlock.
    Does it give you any specific instructions with the locking interface on how to wire it up for a Polo? It should be wired up to output negative pulses but you fit a resistor between the lock and unlock wires.
    I don't remember the details off the top of my head, but I made a note of how I got it to work when I done one a while back. It had me scratching my head for a while but I got there in the end. I'll have a look through my notes at work tomorrow.

Regards - Jim.
    ive read through all the thread sorry it’s been so long but I really struggled trying to wire it up I spent 2 days trying and the only wires I managed were the earths 😂

0 0 0

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910