1. leaking rear washer pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 1.4 tdi Polo 53 reg there is no water coming out of the rear washer jet but there is water coming out from under the car,there is no water in the car.
    How do you get to the washer bottle and also what route does the washer pipe take from the washer bottle,are there any connections in the pipe which might of come undone thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: leaking rear washer pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    remove n/s wing under guard to gey to bottle
    connection on pump push fit
    push fit connection down on bulkhead area behind abs pump
    another above rear seat belt in boot and the last on rear wiper motor

1 0 0

3. Re: leaking rear washer pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I've had one of these connections pop off on my wife's Polo and two on my Golf. It seems to happen when there's a hard frost - maybe the expansion as the water freezes is making the connections come apart. Solution - use plenty screenwash concentrate in the washer bottle; I haven't had a problem since I did this and the weather has been sub zero for several days (the cars are outside overnight).

0 0 0

4. Re: leaking rear washer pipe 
    zennabobba Guest
    Hi, I had the same problem with mine. Open the boot and remove the inside cover, the tube had popped off, simple to fix, it happened a year after so I just put a little plastic tie on it

0 0 0

5. Re: leaking rear washer pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by towcestervag View Post
    remove n/s wing under guard to gey to bottle
    connection on pump push fit
    another above rear seat belt in boot and the last on rear wiper motor

Hi, I have the same problem and it is a nighmare scenario for me as I have sold the car (private sale) but have to get it fixed before I hand the car over so I have to do it this weekend.

From your answer I am convinced that it is the join on the back of the front bulkhead. It was MOT's recently and the garage said that the bottle was connected and the fluid is coming from near the front so this kinda narrows it down.

Can you confirm that I still have to take off the under guard to get to that join or is that to get to the bottle. Any other pointers on what to look for or helpfull info would be much appreciated - like how to get the under guard off.

If anyone has done this fix and wants to give me a step by step I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

6. Question Re: leaking rear washer pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by towcestervag View Post
    I have the same problem - seems that the pipe has popped off as it is waving around and water comes out of it! I can't see anywhere for it to connect to on the bulkhead and there isn't much play in the pipe. I don't suppose anyone has a picture that would help?
    My car - Polo GTI DSG

0 0 0

7. Re: leaking rear washer pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcon View Post
    I have the same problem - seems that the pipe has popped off as it is waving around and water comes out of it! I can't see anywhere for it to connect to on the bulkhead and there isn't much play in the pipe. I don't suppose anyone has a picture that would help?

Hi,

I got mine fixed at weekend. Raging that I took the inner wing plastic cover off when all I had to do is pop the bonnet but hey ho! I read an earlier post that said thats how you get into the bottle but mine was disconnected further along the line, bottle was OK. Should have readi it properly.

The only advice I can give you is that (assuming yours is bust in the same place as mine was) on the engine compartment side of the n/s inner wing there is a thick cable running vertically. The cable has one of those protective covers on it. It just clips off and you can pull it to the side which gives a little more (but not a lot) of room to get your hand in.

Then there is like a small tray on the inner wing approx 2 inches wide and the rear washer cable runs along that. The cable itself is black and about the thickness of a pen. Thats where mine was separated. The other bit of pipe, coming from the rear of the car was on the bulkhead below a part (not sure of the name but might be servo) where the brake cables come out of. The washer pipe was just below it. I simply plugged them back together then clipped the thick cable back on.

Obviously if a friend can turn on the skooshers whilst you have a look then you should see the water and be able to locate.

1 0 0

8. Re: leaking rear washer pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The other bit of pipe, coming from the rear of the car was on the bulkhead below a part (not sure of the name but might be servo) where the brake cables come out of. The washer pipe was just below it. I simply plugged them back together
    Brill, thanks for that. Don't know how I missed the pipe coming out of the bulkhead before, it's pretty obvious really. That works fine again now.
    My car - Polo GTI DSG

0 0 0

9. Re: leaking rear washer pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcon View Post
    Brill, thanks for that. Don't know how I missed the pipe coming out of the bulkhead before, it's pretty obvious really. That works fine again now.
    After receiving plenty of good advice from forums I am glad therefore to finally have benfited someone else!

0 0 0

10. Re: leaking rear washer pipe 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine had a similar issue, I had to remove the airbox and it was squirting out just underthere, seems the joint had popped off.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast