Hi guys,
I've been having a PITA issue with my 1.8 Golf. The motor starts fine in the morning, albeit with a slight hesitation before it settles at 1200 rpm and then dropping down to 800 once the car has warmed up. After driving it and then leaving it for about an hour or so, if I attempt to start it up again, the rpm would struggle at 400rpm, and the engine would conk out. At other times, it would start up, but it would "chug" itself to life. I'm able to drive the car straight away without any hesitations. What happens before this problem surfaced is that when I crank the car, it will usually crank one complete cycle b4 the engine bursts into life. This time, it cranks for half a cycle before it struggles to life and then dies (sometimes). I can then crank it again, this time it takes up to 2 complete cycles to start up.

Items I've have changed are the MAF, Coolant Temp Sensor, O2 Sensors, cleaned the TBU. The only items(s) remains to be looked at are possible leaky injector (although it has had fuel pressure tested.) The ECU is another possibility (???)

Any ideas is very much appreciated.

Mark