1. Angry fuse for alternator? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi , MY octavia 1.9tdi 55 plate, battery light came on and car would not hold a charge, put a new alternator on but still no charge, I had jump started a car prior to the battery light coming on could I have blown a fuse ? or something else ?

0 0 0

2. Re: fuse for alternator? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate, check the earth straps and the red wire from alternator to battery as this can put your batt light on. i dont think the alternator is fused..

0 0 0

3. Re: fuse for alternator? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Follow the wires back from the alternator. If it's like a VW you will have a fuse or maybe two fuses either on or in the control unit box under the bonnet

0 0 0

4. Smile Re: fuse for alternator? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    THANKS GUYS i WILL TRY THESE SOLUTIONS OUT , MANY THANKS

0 0 0

5. Re: fuse for alternator? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello I'm having similar issue after fitting a new alternator to my 04 plate octavia. As far as I can see I have not blown any fuses in the fuse box or those in the dash board compartment. I did have a couple of sparks while taking off the old one as I was lazy and did not undo the batter first. What was your soluition? I have checked the charging system with a multimeter and its only reading 11 volts as far as in know it should be putting out 13 if its working correctly. Any further suggestions will welcome.

0 0 0

6. Re: fuse for alternator? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stockcarss View Post
    Hello I'm having similar issue after fitting a new alternator to my 04 plate octavia. As far as I can see I have not blown any fuses in the fuse box or those in the dash board compartment. I did have a couple of sparks while taking off the old one as I was lazy and did not undo the batter first. What was your soluition? I have checked the charging system with a multimeter and its only reading 11 volts as far as in know it should be putting out 13 if its working correctly. Any further suggestions will welcome.
    iirc on top or beside the battery is 3/4 thick wires that have link fuses (50 amp i think) check thoses, also have you check the output on the back of the alt? with a running engine you should have a reading of about 14.2 volts with nothing on, with lights and heater on it should drop to about 13.7, it sounds ver much like one of the link fuses is blown or a wire is broken, it is common for the small wire on the alt to break down near the gearbox, a check on the back of the alt will help to guide you the right way mate

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

7. Re: fuse for alternator? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the information. It turned out to be the link fuse you mentioned. On my car they are located on the front of the fuse box so you don't notice them at first.

Cheers

0 0 0

8. Re: fuse for alternator? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stockcarss View Post
    Thanks for the information. It turned out to be the link fuse you mentioned. On my car they are located on the front of the fuse box so you don't notice them at first.

Cheers

HI sorry about this.
    how did you manage to see which link fuse was to change?
    thank you

0 0 0

9. Re: fuse for alternator? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    This thread is 8 years old - you might not get a reply!! Probably best to start your own thread.
    Good luck.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0