Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone could offer and advice or insights:

I'm an advertising student and am currently doing an assignment on how to advertise the Passat CC to rival BMW 3 Series or Audi A4 Saloon.
    What does owning a Passat CC say about someone?
    Why would you choose the Passat CC over the competitors?
    How does it compare to the competitors?

I would appreciate any opinions at all, not just answers to the questions.

Thanks very much

Isabelle

0 0 0

2. Re: opinions and insights wanted! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Versus the BMW and Audi, The CC is significantly more exclusive. It's Coupe styling is a departure from the staid design of the other marques.

The best insight I can provide as an owner ( and I haved also owned a BMW) is that the CC is actually desirable to look at and has more of a "presence" versus the others. Other drivers do look at the CC for longer than my old BMW.

Summary - A CC is a "second glance" car - a 3 series or an A4 are not

0 0 0

3. Re: opinions and insights wanted! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used to quite a 'badge snob' and enjoyed driving an Audi A4 S line for the perceived kudos. However I recently chose the CC because on paper you got more car for your money than you did with an Audi and the ride on the A4 used to be rock solid.

I must admit I think the Audi's build quality was better, although I have heard the new ones are not quite as good and ultimately I would prefer to have a BMW as I think they are a more complete car both in terms of equipment level, performance and handling.

Therefore I don't think you can compare the cars easily because many people will buy the brand rather than the car (regardless of how goo it is) and VW brand (CC or otherwise) is not as desirable as Audi or BMW.

What does it say about someone? - they put value before image;
    Why would you choose the Passat CC over the competitors? - In times of cut backs you get to buy something that has a few more goodies, looks nicer and feels a bit special that also comes in or under budget;
    How does it compare to the competitors? Personally pleased I chose over an Audi A4 of similar price but would still prefer an A4 Sline. As for the BMW - same as Audi so comparing the three is difficult because of the price differences.

Hope that helps.

0 0 0

4. Re: opinions and insights wanted! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thankyou both very much for your help, those were very interesting insights and I have used them for my work.

Thanks again

Isabelle

0 0 0