1. ESP Light on & Shuddering? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all, I was driving along today, my ESP light came on and the car started shuddering under acceleration. The ESP light has stayed on and everytime I try to accelerate it really shudders quite bad. Also now sat at idle its running rough and sounds like some cylinders are not firing. Its a 1.9TDI model.. Any ideas?!?!

0 0 0

2. Re: ESP Light on & Shuddering? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Get it vagcom'd, could be a number of things, esp light could be due to abs sensors, module, pump

0 0 0

3. Re: ESP Light on & Shuddering? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    In this case it will most likely be the in head injector wiring loom. This sits under the rocker cover and is a common failure and gives the symptoms you have.

The replacement loom from VAG is usually about £44 and it takes one hour on average to replace. There are plenty of tips of how to do these throughout the forum, please do a search for furter information.

If this is in fact the issue, it's not a biggy to sort.
    2003 A6 1.9TDI PD Avant SE 359,000 miles
    Cannondale Road Bike
    Yeti ASR SL Mountain Bike
    9ft 4inch Surfboard (two of)

0 0 0

4. Re: ESP Light on & Shuddering? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the same problem: ESP light on and engine running badly. If you are still around gashair, how did you solve it?

0 0 0

5. Re: ESP Light on & Shuddering? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi ya,

Well after waiting for replies and reading through them it, it cured itself, so actually didn't do anything in the end!! The wiring loom seemed reasonable, now that the drier warmer weather is here, it could have dried out and now works fine!

0 0 0

6. Re: ESP Light on & Shuddering? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had the same problem myself a few months ago. Replacing the injector wiring loom fixed it
    Golf GTD 2.0 DSG (ACC | Winter Pack | 18" Vancouvers | RCD510 | Parking Sensors, Rear Camera & Park Assist | Cruise Control | Flat Tyre Indicator | Luxury Pack | Rear Airbags)

0 0 0

7. Re: ESP Light on & Shuddering? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    a good test to check that loom is have the engine running and wobble the harness plug, if it pick up and runs fine for a minute thats deffo the fault

0 0 0

8. Re: ESP Light on & Shuddering? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey all,

My Golf 4 have same issue with ESP and shuddering when accelerating. ESP light on, and stay it while ignition is ON. Yesterday I take Autocom from job and tried found faults, but it was 0 faults ! Today I call guy, that have VAG diagsnotic, and he dont find any fault codes to...

Allready tried replace YAW sensor and small sensor near YAW sensor, but noething changes.

Before wiring loom changing I want be sure, that problem is there

0 0 0

9. Re: ESP Light on & Shuddering? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gashair View Post
    Hi all, I was driving along today, my ESP light came on and the car started shuddering under acceleration. The ESP light has stayed on and everytime I try to accelerate it really shudders quite bad. Also now sat at idle its running rough and sounds like some cylinders are not firing. Its a 1.9TDI model.. Any ideas?!?!
    Make a diagnostic in ecm

Sent from my SM-J415F using Tapatalk

0 0 0