Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Review of 2010 Octavia vRS - My new car. Picture and content inetnsive, sorry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Review of 2010 Octavia vRS - My new car. Picture and content inetnsive, sorry. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSH View Post
    Those alloys are superb! If those are standard they are the best looking Ive seen.

White looks crisp & smart

Im calling in a Skoda dealership tomorrow.

Thanks for the pictures JSH

Go for it, only problem is the blooming lead-time, ordered mine 12 weeks ago and still have another 3 or 4 to wait, doing my head in!! Apparently some of the changes to the vRS this year has set production back a bit.

Still, at a little over £18k I'm getting getting a lot of car for the money (DSG, parking sensors, Ipod connectivity etc), you can keep your GTI's and A4's etc, vRS is much more practical and £k's cheaper and still fairly exclusive, for how long though I don't know. I guess the more that hit the road the more they're seen which then generates further sales.

Still, when I get mine I'll give fellow vRS drivers a knowing nod and wink knowing what great cars we've got!!

0 0 0

2. Re: Review of 2010 Octavia vRS - My new car. Picture and content inetnsive, sorry. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muzza75 View Post
    Go for it, only problem is the blooming lead-time, ordered mine 12 weeks ago and still have another 3 or 4 to wait, doing my head in!! Apparently some of the changes to the vRS this year has set production back a bit.

Still, at a little over £18k I'm getting getting a lot of car for the money (DSG, parking sensors, Ipod connectivity etc), you can keep your GTI's and A4's etc, vRS is much more practical and £k's cheaper and still fairly exclusive, for how long though I don't know. I guess the more that hit the road the more they're seen which then generates further sales.

Still, when I get mine I'll give fellow vRS drivers a knowing nod and wink knowing what great cars we've got!!
    It suprises me that car makers dont keep a more vehicles in stock, in popular colours etc, & also make popular options Parking sensors, Ipod connection an easy dealer fit.
    The last two cars I've had have been urgentley needed ( Due to accident & circumstances ) so its a case of have whats available. The only reason Im no longer an Audi /VW driver ( VW could not provide a Passat estate Highline for twelve weeks!) As a result Im now in a BMW who could provide a vehicle within a week, I have to say my brand loyalty has moved also.
    Anyway the point is, I wonder how may sales are lost by this bespoke order/ build lead time, By people who need a vehicle more urgently.
    I did have a look at the Skoda dealership and very impressive too, Just she who must be obeyed is threatening to leave me if I come home in one of those!....... I feel as Skoda may have more advantages than first appeared! JSH

0 0 0

3. Re: Review of 2010 Octavia vRS - My new car. Picture and content inetnsive, sorry. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSH View Post
    It suprises me that car makers dont keep a more vehicles in stock, in popular colours etc, & also make popular options Parking sensors, Ipod connection an easy dealer fit.
    The last two cars I've had have been urgentley needed ( Due to accident & circumstances ) so its a case of have whats available. The only reason Im no longer an Audi /VW driver ( VW could not provide a Passat estate Highline for twelve weeks!) As a result Im now in a BMW who could provide a vehicle within a week, I have to say my brand loyalty has moved also.
    Anyway the point is, I wonder how may sales are lost by this bespoke order/ build lead time, By people who need a vehicle more urgently.
    I did have a look at the Skoda dealership and very impressive too, Just she who must be obeyed is threatening to leave me if I come home in one of those!....... I feel as Skoda may have more advantages than first appeared! JSH
    Apparently the other problem is the scrappage scheme wiped out a lot of stock and whilst dealers are placing orders on the factory for stock, customer orders are priortised (rightly so!!) so they are struggling to build up sufficient stocks. What I'm annoyed about is the sales guy never mentioned the lead-time would be 4 months, in fact he put end of May on my order assuming it would be 8-10 weeks as I placed my order 22 March, it's likely to be around 16 weeks by the time I get it which includes a 2-3 transit from Czech. Oddly enough, my missus isn't that impressed with my choice of new car either, don't think she can get over the badge but I'm sure she'll come round when I get it, she wants a white TT convertible but she can dream on, maybe when the kids grow up and leave home which is a long way off yet!!

0 0 0

4. Re: Review of 2010 Octavia vRS - My new car. Picture and content inetnsive, sorry. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    There's still a lot of badge snobbery concerning Skoda, it's disappointing really as they are great cars.

This will probably rumble a few feathers seen as I'm on a primarily VW forum, but I had preferred my 2000 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI 110 to an equivalent Golf/Bora.
    2016 VW Transporter T6 2.0 TDI Highline SWB
    2011 Jaguar XFR 100 5.0 V8 Supercharged

0 0 0

5. Re: Review of 2010 Octavia vRS - My new car. Picture and content inetnsive, sorry. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul b View Post
    There's still a lot of badge snobbery concerning Skoda, it's disappointing really as they are great cars.

This will probably rumble a few feathers seen as I'm on a primarily VW forum, but I had preferred my 2000 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI 110 to an equivalent Golf/Bora.
    Don't have a problem with VW's but the missus and I don't have much luck with them, she wrote off her employers golf years ago when she was a nanny and my 1st company car was a Passat which I crashed so we try and avoid VW's.

I wouldn't so no to an IR32 though and if it was to be an Audi an RS6 or R8 would do me although the R8 probably isn't that practical with 2 young kids, have to stick to tearing up the tracks with an R8 on forza 3 I suppose.

0 0 0

6. Re: Review of 2010 Octavia vRS - My new car. Picture and content intensive, sorry. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prolfe View Post
    Here is a big old review with some pictures towards the bottom. Thanks for looking.

Digging this old thread up as I am looking into purchasing a 2010 Octavia VRS. If you still have it or if you had it for a few years, how did it hold up? Did you have any massive reliability issues, or respectively, the typical VW electrical niggles?

Cheers!

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234