Notices
 

  

User Tag List

Thread: Replacement Key!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. Exclamation Replacement Key!!!! 
    #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it a good idea to purchase a blank Audi key should I lose one as Audi replacements are expensive. Two years later I lost a key to my A2 and eventuaully decided to use my blank, I had it cut at the local security firm and used a programme purchased off ebay to activate the key, the programming failed and the car would not start using either of the keys.

    I had to have the vehicle taken to a local garage and a key specialist reprogrammed the original which then worked. Thus leaving the replacement key, where did you get this key? was the question, ebay was the answer.......................................

    A smile and BEWARE, I have come across loads of keys from ebay under the same circumstances, they only programme once and that is it because you tried to use it again and put it inthe ignition it erased the memory thus preventing the car from starting even with the good key.

    So if you have a key from ebay you can chance it or pay up to 150 to get you back to square one, you can purchace a replacement key from a boni-fide independent auto locksmith for about 100.

     
    1 0 0
     

  2. Re: Replacement Key!!!! 
    #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mansfield, UK
    Posts
    1,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to rub salt into the wound, but if you managed to get to the point of programming a key (which you did, otherwise it would not have forgotten the working one) then you could have got it working again yourself and been a little heavier in the wallet department.
     
    1 1 0
     

  3. Re: Replacement Key!!!! 
    #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    I thought it a good idea to purchase a blank Audi key should I lose one as Audi replacements are expensive. Two years later I lost a key to my A2 and eventuaully decided to use my blank, I had it cut at the local security firm and used a programme purchased off ebay to activate the key, the programming failed and the car would not start using either of the keys.

    I had to have the vehicle taken to a local garage and a key specialist reprogrammed the original which then worked. Thus leaving the replacement key, where did you get this key? was the question, ebay was the answer.......................................

    A smile and BEWARE, I have come across loads of keys from ebay under the same circumstances, they only programme once and that is it because you tried to use it again and put it inthe ignition it erased the memory thus preventing the car from starting even with the good key.

    So if you have a key from ebay you can chance it or pay up to 150 to get you back to square one, you can purchace a replacement key from a boni-fide independent auto locksmith for about 100.


    I agree with Shark_90, Which program did you use? to program a new key you will need to erase 'all' keys, (on some commonly used software, but not on all) then re-program the previously paired (originally working) keys in again, then add the new one. So the previous working key (transponder) will work again on same car again without a problem. Simply put, the keys you buy from eBay simply need a 'NEW' unused transponder in them that's all.

    Also rather than paying a 'locksmith' 100, you could have got a new transponder for about tenner retail!, and programmed it yourself, ask the locksmith how much a Megamos Crypto ID48 transponder is.

    Don't worry we all live and learn


    Cheers
    Sarge
     
    1 0 0
     

  4. Re: Replacement Key!!!! 
    #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @Shark_90 - love what you've done to the VRS, never thought of Skodas like that

    I will have my first 'speedy' car after 14 years of driving People carriers, yes I have little people ..lol anyway I will be expecting to take delivery of my A4 DTM (2006) model, and as I have been out of the 'speed' culture, can you tell me what options are available and what I can do to it to 'meat it up'?


    Cheers
    Sarge
    Attached Images
     
    0 1 0
     

  5. Re: Replacement Key!!!! 
    #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Shark, we all learn from our mistakes and it helps to share if it saves somebody else the time and expense.........
     
    0 1 0
     

  6. Re: Replacement Key!!!! 
    #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Sarge, I got the programme off ebay, unreliable again, think I`ll ask you boys the next time I try to be prudent and not end up stupid.
     
    0 1 0
     

  7. Re: Replacement Key!!!! 
    #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    Thanks Sarge, I got the programme off ebay, unreliable again, think I`ll ask you boys the next time I try to be prudent and not end up stupid.

    Ads, Don't worry about it, as I said, we all live and learn, trial and error is how I learnt as not everybody in this trade wants to share the secrets, and don't always believe the locksmiths as they will say that won't they.




    Cheers
    Sarge
     
    0 1 0
     

  8. Re: Replacement Key!!!! 
    #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mansfield, UK
    Posts
    1,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge786 View Post
    @Shark_90 - love what you've done to the VRS, never thought of Skodas like that

    I will have my first 'speedy' car after 14 years of driving People carriers, yes I have little people ..lol anyway I will be expecting to take delivery of my A4 DTM (2006) model, and as I have been out of the 'speed' culture, can you tell me what options are available and what I can do to it to 'meat it up'?


    Cheers
    Sarge
    Will drop you a PM Sarge
     
    0 1 0
     

  9. Re: Replacement Key!!!! 
    #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Carmarthen
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My ignition key has an 8e transponder, local locksmiths have cut a new key which is a blade. Programming a new transponder is beyond them, any ideas?.
     
    0 1 0
     

  10. Re: Replacement Key!!!! 
    #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Worcs, UK
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    What car do you have?

    Why can't they program the transponder to dash?
     
    0 0 0
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Key coding problem.
    By njonesn in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 08:52 PM
  2. Question Replacement key Fob
    By ln02gttdi in forum Golf MK4 - 1999 - 2004
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-12-2009, 10:34 PM
  3. Had my key stolen, help needed urgently - panic over, key found - Phew
    By Mega Maniac in forum Chat - Anything with wheels
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 07:56 PM
  4. Please Help Central locking works fine but remote doesn't
    By john_richter in forum Audi A4 - B5 Forum - 1995 - 2002
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 02:46 PM
  5. Replacement Key for '52' Bora
    By nuttymad in forum Bora - 1998 - 2005
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




  


Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.


VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.


Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.


All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration


PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.


This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.



  



- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -


- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -