Hi
I am on my 2nd Audi - the first was an A4 cabriolet which took some getting used to with the gearbox. Not owning an Audi before I just took it that this was how the Audi gear box was - you'd put it in park and it would still lunge forward on a small incline (and I mean small), you'd put it in reverse and have to put on the handbrake if it was a small incline etc to stop you plunging forward. I swapped the A4 for an A3 S line and the gearbox is worse. Even out of my drive I have to put the hand bake on in case I plunge forward whereas every automatic car I've had previously is fine. I have to put the hand brake on when I park it on a small slope as I worry it will not hold in the gear whereas every other car has been fine. I asked Audi to check it and they said nothing is wrong and told me that this is normal with all gearboxes which have 'padles' behind the steering wheel' however the more people that drive the car, the more they moan how it is wrong - has anyone else had these problems or is it just me?

My last A 4 went back to the dealer to be checked and they said they had made some adjustments but it came back the same but the 2008 S line A3 is the worst ever - if you are queing in traffic you constantly jerk along as the gear box is just not smooth!!
Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!