Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
  1. Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by titian View Post
    VW VERVE IN WISHAW are refusing to take the car back in , saying that the daignostics say there is nothing wrong . Had the car up at Aberdeen today , a journey which normally returns 50 mpg , today 40 mpg . Yet the computer says it is doing 70mpg. Is there any legal action that I can take when they recall a perfectly running car and give you back a plug that doesn't show any faults on the diagnostics? Incidently 'OLDBOY' I had my cam belt changed last year.
    Last Tuesday (6th March) I put the car back into Verve Wishaw after talking at length with the service manager. When I put it in we had a meeting in his office, where i gave him a copy of this blog, and he asked me everything about my driving the car for the last 3 years and why I thought it was not running well . He took the refreshing attitude that no matter what the diagnostics say I will know the car , and when it is running well and when not . I never got the car back on Tuesday but did on wednesday. They had replaced all injectors , loom , nuts bolts etc. the full kit again and I'm sure they probably tweaked a few other things, but I'm only guessing on that. He also mentioned a full software update (on what ? I guess the ECU gets updates ) When I called the service manager to check on the car he said he was very happy with the results and was sure I would be as well. Anyway on driving home it was fairly obvious that the fuel usage on the computer was looking much more accurate , and to be honest , the car was driving like a dream. It just felt tighter, almost like a new car. Felt as though any rattles or vibrations had also been seen to. I couldn't believe the difference. Drove it up to Dundee on Sunday ( at a faster pace than my normal due to being late for the game) . It returned 57 mpg, a journey where I would normally get 50/51 at a slower speed. Eventually ecstatic, after 4 visits to the dealer and going to the service mgr instead of the 'job'sworth' at service reception. Anyway , a week later and it's still running brill'.

0 0 0

2. Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi titan,
    i had mine in for an inspection and they said that nothing needed to be replaced as i had the latest revision of the loom and injectors, but i am now experiencing exactly the same symptoms as you, my dis albeit never really to be relied on has gone mental, showing crazy mpg. Before i went in, say for example if stopped accelerating my dis would display - - - mpg (on the one that updates every so many meters) now it just sits at 150mpg even when stationary it used to show - - - mpg now sits on silly figures, it seems very erratic lol. I have also noticed a slight hesitation in acceleration between 1900 and 2000 rpm. As for true mpg i cant say i have anything written down sadly. Its only been 6 days since the inspection, time to give audi a call me thinks.

cheers

matt

0 0 0

3. Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi guys what are the tell tell signs of the injectors going and are 140 2.0 tdi engines affected 56 plate????

0 0 0

4. Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1813 Post(s)
    The 140 is not subject to the recall as far as I know.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello

I have a 2008 Audi S-Line Avant 2.0 TDI (57 Plate). I've been experiencing juddering at high speeds for a while.

We bought the car second hand (from Car Giant, not from Audi) but took out an extended warranty. We've taken it back to the dealer for diagnostic and they've told us that we need 4 fuel injectors replacing. They've also told us that this is not covered by the extended warranty.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be covered by the VOSA agreement that others have mentioned? The cost is eye watering if not.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

0 0 0

6. Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Ring your Audi dealer or Audi Customer Services to find out.

0800 699 999

0 0 0

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233