Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It does take the shine of a bit
    And believe me its always in the back of your mind when’s it going to happen again
    170 bhp s line bose, cruise control, pdc, mfsw, flawless glossy black, Now hopefully reliable with it's new injectors

0 0 0

2. Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £900 is a bit steep.

Mine was £696 inc vat for a new injector and wiring harness supplied and fitted at an audi main dealer last november.

Labour £168
    Injector £345
    Harness £67

+ bolts and gasgets etc ( + vat )

0 0 0

3. Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Injectors were £345 +vat, up until mid-January this year. Now they have gone up in price to £460ish +vat (@20%).
    As if this repair does not hurt enough financially, VW group hoik the price up by 30+%
    To be fair the price was over £400 +vat prior to mid 2010 when they reduced them to £345 (price reduction didn't last long)

This is possibly to make room for an additional range of injectors they are going to launch shortly, under their 'economy parts' program. Still genuine Audi Parts, just at more competitive pricing..

Doesn't help you guys at the moment though.
    2006 A4 saloon 2.0T S-Line Special Edition.
    Mauritius Blue - Xenons, Bose, Heated Valcona, Cruise, Colour DIS, Ipod, Revo. Big Smile.

0 0 0

4. Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I found that out to my cost - I paid £345 + vat for the one injector I had changed back in November, but they had increased to £460 + vat when I needed another one in February, and told the garage to go ahead and change the other two as well, without knowing of the price increase.

0 0 0

5. Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here we go again driving along tonight without warning, glow plug light came on briefly then the car died again, there i was stuck on the side of the road with a dead Audi just the same as the last injector failure.
    I'm going to make some big noises at Audi tomorrow luckily my mate has a Landy who towed my car home as i did not want to leave it on the side of the road for some dead head to strip it.
    170 bhp s line bose, cruise control, pdc, mfsw, flawless glossy black, Now hopefully reliable with it's new injectors

0 0 0

6. Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am genuinely gutted for you mate. You were only saying last week about it constantly looming over you. I'm off to Ireland via Stranraer on Wednesday in mine. Kind of pooing myself about it. I have the AA parts cover up to £500 and full national breakdown with onward travel, but that doesn't make it safe if it packs in on the motorway with my little boy and baby girl in the back. Hope you get sorted Gaz.
    A4 Avant S Line TDi 170 Quattro. Full two tone leather, Bose, RNS-E, Cruise, Heated seats, Privacy glass, Removable tow bar, Xenons, Aero wipers, MFSW, Rear parking sensors, OEM Bluetooth, RS4 grille.

0 0 0

7. Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Confirmed today by Kings Lynn Audi injector number 2.
    i said to them how come so many of these injectors are failing they try to tell me they don’t get many in seems very strange to me
    Considering in 7 months i have had 2 go down
    I complained as hard as i could all i could manage was a 20% discount on the injector. i will be in touch with Audi UK tomorrow see if they will get the other two changed for me.
    i have lost all confidence in this car its like waiting for a ticking time bomb.

0 0 0

8. Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not good Gaz, sorry to hear you are in trouble again.

Update on previous posting on this thread......

I had mine recovered to Audi Gloucester on 1st March, due to work commitments I had a hire car for just over 2 weeks, during which time Audi diagnosed the 3rd injector to be at fault, initially they agreed a 10% discount.

Last year the car had two injectors replaced in the space of a month by the previous company owner (ouch!) the dealer (Audi Stockport) that maintained the car allowed a contribution of 70% towards the repair (I have all the service bills etc). So I called Audi at Stockport and asked what they would contribute had I broken down 2.5 hours later as I would have been on their door step by then. A very helpful lad called Scott said they would contribute 70% on the repair.

Strange....??? as one dealer my local one, is offering 10% and a dealer miles away if offering 70%, a call to Audi GB and a few further calls got me upto 40% off the repair.

Better than that.... the repair is now for two injectors as the final is bound to fail at some point soon....so 40% off both is not bad.

On collecting the car the Service Manager said there was nothing to pay..........

So a great result and many thanks to Audi Gloucester and Audi GB, had I not stuck with them for servicing I don't think they would have paid for the repair.

Best of luck guys!

0 0 0

9. Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So I was driving from Manchester to Stranraer today which is about 220 miles. After 150 miles the glow plug light came on and car went into limp mode. I of course thought it was my time for the injector failure. I turned off the ignition and started the car again and it has been perfect all the way to Stranraer. I'm now sitting in a cafe having a coffee wondering about my trip to Ireland! Close call or warning? What do you think?
    A4 Avant S Line TDi 170 Quattro. Full two tone leather, Bose, RNS-E, Cruise, Heated seats, Privacy glass, Removable tow bar, Xenons, Aero wipers, MFSW, Rear parking sensors, OEM Bluetooth, RS4 grille.

0 0 0

10. Unhappy Re: Piezo Injector Failure, and subsequent detection and repair. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-mad-matt View Post
    So I was driving from Manchester to Stranraer today which is about 220 miles. After 150 miles the glow plug light came on and car went into limp mode. I of course thought it was my time for the injector failure. I turned off the ignition and started the car again and it has been perfect all the way to Stranraer. I'm now sitting in a cafe having a coffee wondering about my trip to Ireland! Close call or warning? What do you think?

Just a matter of time as that happened three times before complete shut down and a call to the AA.
    good luck
    fullbore

0 0 0

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast