Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone,

I have a B6 Audi a4 1.8T QUATTRO it has 163 horsepower...everything on it is stock and i have a few ideas of my own to make it faster.

However i dare touch the car without getting some advice from some of you guys first.. (by the way i have very little knowledge of cars) so if you could help me out when your wording things that would be brilliant i.e. horsepower = speed aha.

So.. how do i make it fast? real fast!
    Chipping? Turbos? Both? i dont know.. do i need cooling systems? and exhaust sytems? as i want it to sound just as powerfull as it goes..

Money is no option as i have saved nearly 4grand to start on this car, so say what you think..

One other thing is i want to get it lowerd mainly for looks, but also that will help its handling?? or isit best to leave the lowering alone?

Again sorry for my ignorance.. but i am new to the "modifying scene" and thanks for your help in advance lads.

0 0 0

2. Re: How do i make my 1.8T FAST? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    depends how fast you are expecting it
    you could start with a remap pm shark for details or other forum sponsers
    then you could either decat or HFC and full exhaust system id go for miltek but theres others
    you could go for a turbo upgrade FMIC injectors etc
    or you could sell the 18T and buy a 20T etc

0 0 0

3. Re: How do i make my 1.8T FAST? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Stage 1 tuning is best for you at this stage.

Remap (from 163 upto 195 bhp) - HUGE difference! Cost? £300-400 roughly - make sure fault codes are read by the tuner first and road tested before and after - DO NOT do a drive in drive out service - your car has to be healthy and some tuners just want your cash - make sure they do the above!

Exhaust - CAT BACK System - Miltek do a superb system - see my link below for pics - COST £450+ish (could be cheaper and more expensive options to suit out there)

Induction - Complete the engines breathing by getting a decent induction system, I recommend Carbonio - COST £200+ - visit youtube and type in 555senna and you will see and hear mine.

Also, what fuel do you use? I HIGHLY recommend you use Tesco's super unleaded which is 99ron or something similar eg, 98, or possibly 97. Run a bottle a few of Redex through your fuel tank to help clear up any build ups. Cheap and effective if it hasn't been done for a while.

If it has not been serviced recently get this done, it will help!

Hope this helps, feel free to drop me a line with any questions as I'm always fettling with mine!
    Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Convertible 200+ BHP
    See it here and let me know what you think! : https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=81930
    Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/555senna

0 0 0

4. Re: How do i make my 1.8T FAST? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where the carbonio looks good it dont give any extra bhp so for the op its gona be a waste of cash as he only wants bhp and speed the stock box is proven to be as good as the carbonio
    not in looks tho
    only reason i went carbonio is for the under bonnet look

0 0 0

5. Re: How do i make my 1.8T FAST? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    where the carbonio looks good it dont give any extra bhp so for the op its gona be a waste of cash as he only wants bhp and speed the stock box is proven to be as good as the carbonio
    not in looks tho
    only reason i went carbonio is for the under bonnet look
    I can only go by experience and since I've fitted my Carbonio to my 1.8t it has gone faster. It was the last stage one mod, before I had it dynod with the exhaust and remap at 207bhp and after adding the Carbonio it was then dynod at 213bhp?! The breathing is noticibly better and it will help greater when I have a larger turbo fitted, so it will also benefit my car in the future.

I read loads of reviews before buying mine, all good and bad but I have only had positive experiences with mine and I would have another on another car - plus the sound on my engine is brilliant - that was the best bit!
    Last edited by JIGGY C; 17-01-2010 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake!
    See it here and let me know what you think! : https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=81930

0 0 0

6. Re: How do i make my 1.8T FAST? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    jiggy where did you buy your cat back and carbonio from?

i`ve had a revo re-map so that bit`s done.

does it sound nice?

you say tesco super unleaded is good? is it better than shell`s or esso?

0 0 0

7. Re: How do i make my 1.8T FAST? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phase4 View Post
    you say tesco super unleaded is good? is it better than shell`s or esso?
    just make sure you buy 99ron (super unleaded) as oppose to the normal 97ron unleaded fuel, super is 3or4p a litre more, but ron is the octane rating of the fuel, basically the higher the ron, the bigger the bang

0 0 0

8. Re: How do i make my 1.8T FAST? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby_d0o View Post
    just make sure you buy 99ron (super unleaded) as oppose to the normal 97ron unleaded fuel, super is 3or4p a litre more, but ron is the octane rating of the fuel, basically the higher the ron, the bigger the bang
    Totally agree - basically if I can not get 99ron fuel, I will just put £5's worth of 98 or lower in only, then get a tank of 99 and redex! My missis used normal unleaded in her RenaultSport Clio 197 and when she changed to the 99ron it made a huge difference imediately!

0 0 0

9. Re: How do i make my 1.8T FAST? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=phase4;464039]jiggy where did you buy your cat back and carbonio from?

I got my exhaust direct from Milltek HQ in Derby and fitted in their Technology centre (nxt to their old R8!) - I live locally to them so just went direct and nudged and winked!!

If you go on youtube and type in 555senna it will come up with my vids and there is a before and after video - excuse my poor cameraman qualities!!

The Carbonio was bought from awesome gti - they had a sale recently and got it for about £230ish - you can fit it yourself in or around 45-60mins - it can be a bit fiddley but is easily done by a novice.

The sound from both is more than worth the money - it totally transforms the lack of sound into a powerfull note all the way, classy sounding as well as opposed to cheap old boy racer noises!! If you drop me your email I will happily email you some good quality pics of both my systems for you to look at.

PS - as you've had the remap done allready the carbonio and exhaust will really compliment it!

Best wishes

Chris

0 0 0

10. Re: How do i make my 1.8T FAST? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would go the stage 1+ which would mean fitting.

uprated DV
    FMIC or try the Duel SMIC as fitted to the 190bhp S-line
    TT 386 injectors
    Sport CAT (HFC)
    Exhaust system
    N75 J valve
    Remap

Power shoule be around 235-240bhp mark

04 Audi A4 B6 1.8TQ S-Line 190bhp 6 Speed Duel SMIC
    Milltek Exhaust|VMR boost Gauge|SP51 K04-15 Outlaw (K04-23+)|Samco Sport DV|034 Sport CAT|
    To be fitted: B7 RS4 F-Brakes|B5 RS4 R-Brakes|SB Stage4| TT MAF| 380 inj|

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast