Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help. Having some issues with my R Reg Passat, with the dashboard.

It started one day when pulling away from lights, the red oil light came on, beeped 3 times then kept flashing, but then cleared, but then rev counter then speedo started jumping about light mad! After driving for a bit, seemed to clear its self for a day or so, but then when driving, the speedo started jumping about.

Now when I start it, the oil light will flash and beep 3 times, rev counter will be dead. when I start moving the rev will come back, oil light go out but the speedo will be jumping all over the place.

After a search on the web, I found some people having issues with speedo and said it could be down to the Vehicle Speed Signal sensor. I have a VAG code reader, so plugged that it and found 1 code, 00625 - Vehicle Speed Signal. I cleared it, but the dashboard is still as flaky. I've rescanned since and code hasn't came back as of yet.

I disconnected the Vehicle Speed Signal sensor yesterday to see if it was shorting, if the rest would come back, without the speedo, but the rev counter was dead on starting and oil light came back on. took it for a drive with this sensor disconnected still and the rev counter came back and oil light went away, of course with no speedo at all. So this would show that it not the Vehicle Speed Signal sensor at fault, am I right?

This morning when driving to work, on starting the rev was dead, oil light flashing, but when moving rev came back, oil light out and speedo all over the place. every time I stopped at light, the rev would die again, and oil light came back on, but when starting to move again, rev would come back, and oil light off again :s

Anyone any ideas what else to check? Its been light -12 where i stay, could it be down to the cold weather?

I really can't afford for this car to be off the road, and can't really afford either big garage charges, so anyone's help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks all

Cheers
Shaiboy_UK