Hi there,

I bought a 55 plate Audi A3 sport in August this year and for the first 6 weeks or so the built in sat-nav worked perfectly and I was really pleased with it.

It then started freezing as I was driving and wouldnt come back on which resulted in me getting lost a few times but oh well.

Now it wont turn on at all.. It says please insert navigation disk, so I try taking it out and putting it back in and then it says disk improperly inserted.
And then just wont do anything at all and sometimes even freezes the whole headunit so it sticks the music and all sorts.

Got in my car on Monday night and it was fully frozen, low and behold the sat nav started working perfectly again. Until the car was defrosted completely and had warmed up. Then back to the usual problems. And now once again wont come on.

Yesterday I jumped in my car and my screen on my clocks where it usually tells you your mpg and temperature. It now tells me which direction I am driving in for example... "N" , "E" , "SE". AND when the car is frozen as before it also tells you the road that you are driving down.

As soon as the car heats up, it says at the bottom of the screen "no nav dvd" when there definately is. Immensly annoying as this wont actually go away. I can no longer see my mpg and temperate and this north, east, south is permanently stuck on.

It is driving me insane and has really got on my nerves as this car cost me alot.

PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?????

I have tried using a lense cleaning disk and it played perfectly but did not help with the problem. I have also tried using a mates disk.

Cheers, pulling her hair out Sarah x