Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Problems with built in Sat-Nav PLEASE HELP!

1. Problems with built in Sat-Nav PLEASE HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there,

I bought a 55 plate Audi A3 sport in August this year and for the first 6 weeks or so the built in sat-nav worked perfectly and I was really pleased with it.

It then started freezing as I was driving and wouldnt come back on which resulted in me getting lost a few times but oh well.

Now it wont turn on at all.. It says please insert navigation disk, so I try taking it out and putting it back in and then it says disk improperly inserted.
    And then just wont do anything at all and sometimes even freezes the whole headunit so it sticks the music and all sorts.

Got in my car on Monday night and it was fully frozen, low and behold the sat nav started working perfectly again. Until the car was defrosted completely and had warmed up. Then back to the usual problems. And now once again wont come on.

Yesterday I jumped in my car and my screen on my clocks where it usually tells you your mpg and temperature. It now tells me which direction I am driving in for example... "N" , "E" , "SE". AND when the car is frozen as before it also tells you the road that you are driving down.

As soon as the car heats up, it says at the bottom of the screen "no nav dvd" when there definately is. Immensly annoying as this wont actually go away. I can no longer see my mpg and temperate and this north, east, south is permanently stuck on.

It is driving me insane and has really got on my nerves as this car cost me alot.

PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?????

I have tried using a lense cleaning disk and it played perfectly but did not help with the problem. I have also tried using a mates disk.

Cheers, pulling her hair out Sarah x

0 0 0

2. Re: Problems with built in Sat-Nav PLEASE HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You probably need a new laser drive for the unit.

0 0 0

3. Re: Problems with built in Sat-Nav PLEASE HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Sarah, sounds like a software issue you have with the unit. First of all, I'd suggest giving the unit a re-boot.
    To do this, hold the Power and Setup buttons for about 5 seconds, this initiates a full reboot of the RNS-E system (I assume its the RNS-E you have? DVD based sat nav?)

If you press Setup and then Car (I think it is) it should give you Hardware and Software versions and Map version.

Try pulling the fuse of the radio for half an hour if the first suggestion doesnt work.

If you keep getting the messages in the DIS from the sat nav, you should be able to press the rocker switch on the end of the wiper stalk or the reset button underneath to revert the display to MPG and temperature display.

HTH
    '99 B5 S4 ---------Gone
    '05 Leon PD150 --Not really gone
    '01 B5 RS4 -------Gone
    '05 Leon PD150 --Went but came back again

0 0 0

4. Re: Problems with built in Sat-Nav PLEASE HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats great thanks I will try this...

The rocker switch doesnt change the message from the sat-nav but I will try to reset it.

Thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: Problems with built in Sat-Nav PLEASE HELP! 
    Gerbil Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by M155_5P3NCE View Post
    Thats great thanks I will try this...

The rocker switch doesnt change the message from the sat-nav but I will try to reset it.

Thanks
    I had similar problem with the DVD unit in the boot of my A8. I found one of the cables at the back was slightly loose. Since pushing it back in the nav as worked okay.

Not sure if you can get to the cables on an A3, but worth a try. If it is intermittent, then it probably is not a software fault.

Good luck.

0 0 0