1. Re: Replace the heater matrix the easy way 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So do you know that this will be the same for the passat? only i just noticed that im in the audi forum DOH!!

0 0 0

2. Re: Replace the heater matrix the easy way 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone ?

0 0 0

3. Re: Replace the heater matrix the easy way 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You would have thought it would be similar.

I have a Mk4 Golf too and have had a look for the two pipes coming out at the bulkhead near the firewall but cannot see them - I think they are hidden out of view but the engine is orientated differently compared to the Audi.

Best thing to do would be see how far you get using my guide (in terms of locating the matrix in the car) by taking the few panels out from in the footwell.

No guarantees though!

Good luck!

0 0 0

4. Thumbs up Re: Replace the heater matrix the easy way 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to update. I had an issue i had a year ago with the blocked heater matrix. As luck would have it, I bought a new one ready to fit. On a journey, no demist at all, a/c on, everything. Dawned on me on the return journey what could cause it. I feel of the carpet and everything clicked!

Turns out the matrix started leaking and the journey back from Edinburgh to Leeds was fraught! All the coolant basically came into the footwell! I had to stop and bypass the matrix at the firewall with joining the two pipes together with a socket.

Matrix renewed (see my guide), 1 hour job, easy. Renewed the matrix gasket set too (as Audi call it - £6).

Carpets still drying but heat is amazing as my temporary repair in feb only was giving me 70% heat.

0 0 0

5. Re: Replace the heater matrix the easy way 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    If only Audi had made the matrix 5-mm lower or the switch bracket 5-mm higher it would be so much easier.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Thumbs up Re: Replace the heater matrix the easy way 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well they did that on purpose so they could charge a full days labour and just use a hammer!! I know what u mean tho, I little persuasion required!

0 0 0

7. Re: Replace the heater matrix the easy way 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I have a 93 Audi 80 2.0 Petrol...and I recently had the heater matrix burst.

Now I'm wondering whether your procedure for matrix removal / replacement / repair will work for me?

I already have a new matrix purchased from Ebay (£33.00). However I balk at the thought of taking out the whole dash board to get to the matrix - as everyone keeps telling me I have to do!...

I'd be grateful for any help or advice you can offer on this. What do you think?

Cheers

David
    Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire

0 0 0

8. Re: Replace the heater matrix the easy way 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Not it won’t, it requires the entire dashborad to be removed from the car.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Replace the heater matrix the easy way 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think I need to replace matrix in 04 cab 1.8. Service centre said leak was from rear flange ( o ring things) prob split. They said wet carpet (drivers side) was drain blocked under battery. I removed the bung/grommet things. When i run the car standing still after about 15 mins i lose coolant about half a pint. Carpet gets wetter, no water under car. Seems more likely the matrix ? The link in this thread no longer works... anyone have the document? or hints?

thanks
    CJ

0 0 0

10. Re: Replace the heater matrix the easy way 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    If its just a o ring you should be able to access them by removing the panel up by the clutch pedal.if the matrix needs to come out the pedal will need removing.Ive got the doc you want but I dont know how to send it.

1 0 0

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast